• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help swapping tires

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are not that hard as long as you have time... once you get the hang of it takes no time.. you might try a lower end type tire shop.. maybe one that comes to you in a old truck..

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim if you were here in Rockmart Ga. there is a tire store here that will change them just a small time tire store but they have been here for around 20 or so years.

connectingbar

swapping tires

I see that you are in Saratoga, not far from me ( New Hartford)

I had mine done at a truck tire shop in Utica very cheap. If you dont mind the drive, PM me for the tire shop.

Are you going to single?

Trudge

yeah single. utiva aint bad aty all im out there all the time..............what is cheap? i got a guy here who will do them for 30 each.......im just not sure yet how he means that , could be 30 per tire or 30 off 30 on etc

Trudge

the other thing is i would try these myself but every one keeps telling me if i do one wrong it will fly off and kil me...................ive been calling them a split ring but that is not correcrt?

connectingbar

These are lock rings not split rims, I havent done them myself but watching the pros do these on const sites they look simple with the right tools and training.

We should do a central NY get together this spring ( plenty m35's showing up @ here)

Unforgiven

did you tell them you have split rims or locking ring rims:?:they are locking ring rims .noone will touch split rims they call them suicide rim

More info please! I was going to buy some of the split rims to single out the truck. Is there something inherently dangerous about running them? Are single piece rims the way to go?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks