• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help to identify a V100 part?

Elsaypas

Hi, today i registered to this forum because i need help, i have found an old part of what i beleive a V100 commando
(sorry if i am wrong, i know absolutly nothing about tanks and armored vehicule)

i am searching everywere to identify the part to know his origin, if you could awnser me or tell me where i can ask my questions i would be really happy,

There is some pictutres;
CAM00300.jpgCAM00302.jpgCAM00299.jpgCAM00301.jpg

The only readable tag on the parts assembly says

"Cadillac Gage Company

Traverse Mechanism
Part 10237-32974"

The part itself seem to be an electrical drive system with a hand crank to fine tune the gear movement.

I am really curious about the specs (operating voltage, amps, etc) and the original usage of the mechanism itself.

Thanks for you attention and help, Have a good day!

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality of my english, i speak french so grammar is not my strengh...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a turret traverse drive mechanism for a US armored vehicle, the crank is a backup if power fails, the motor most likely is 24 volt DC, 50-100 amps depending on load.

Elsaypas

Wow that was quick! thanks a lot!

I guess US and Canadian forces must have used the same parts as i live in Canada,

The guy where i found this told me he was planning to use it as a winch/chainblock motor... I asked him to let me check for the specs before he test it (or before he fry the motor testing it by "just guessing")

On my side, I am more curious about the history and origin of the part
Did i guessed his link to a V100 right?
Is it hard to find or its a common part, because i would feel cheap to see it used as a vulgar winch when it could help someone to rebuild a part of military history...

If someone could throw me some leads on how and where to find the age and origin of it i will really appreciate it

And Thanks a lot NDT!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is definitely not a V100 part. Everything in the V100 is manual (ie hand cranked).

As NDT said, it is from an armoured vehicle, probably a tank. Cadillac Gage make turret control systems for tanks, etc., amongst other neat stuff.

I did a quick search on the part #, didn't get anything back. The 10237 bit identifies Cad Gage as the manufacturer.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
V300/600 is entirely possible, there were several turret options for those, including some big ones!

Yes, definitely Cad-Gage. I wasn't clear above, the 10237 in the part number indicates Cadillac Gage, so even if their logo hadn't been on the tag, you could still identify it as theirs.

Cheers