• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help w/VIN decoding and year

irontoys

Hello,
I need help w/my four new M35 purchases...yes I got too lucky at a GL auction. I really only want one. I have (2) M35A2 units w/winch that have the following...
NK0158-72-0539-15583
and the other one
04G-71171053911691
I have a M35A2C with a registration number 0325/12428, but no ID number. It does have a rebuild tag from 1985, so it must be older than that.
Finally a M35A1 with nothing other than a stock number and the GL DTID W26V5283025701A and NSN numbers.

All units have the DTID from the GL sticker that gives the original purchase price, but that DTID number doesnt show up on the truck that I can tell...maybe it is a federal inventory number??

I understand there is an article on how to decipher, but I can't find it. I only find people talking about it...

Can someone help me decipher the year and what numbers to use for titling so I can submit the SF97's and get the paperwork rolling? To my surprise all units were in running condition (with a jump). Thanks in advance.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to say the first one is a '72
The second one is a '71.
The M35A2C is going to be sometime in the late '60s.

gov military toys

question to vin related problem

someone has the duece bible ... have a AM General vin04A0887053410224does anyone have any info sf 97 says it was scrap but was in excellent condition

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks