• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with 2.5 ton rockwells

Broncofever

Well I got the front ripped apart and have some questions.

I DON'T have any thrust washers on the axle shafts(u joint style). Do I need them? And if so, where can I get them????

On the red barn website they sell a cork gasket set for the key way shaft on the front axle, whats it for and do i need them? Didn't have none in there when I took it apart.

And to stop gear oil from coming out the axle shaft, do I need to get some of these axle tube retainer with the better seals to stop oil for coming out? [URL]http://www.customoff-road.com/index.php?id=custom_products Or just get the stock seals?
[/URL]
My tie rod bar has a slight bend to it, is that ok or do I need it to be straight?

thanks guys....

Woodsplinter

Most parts can be found at military suppliers such as Erik's military, Saturn Surplus, Memphis Equipment, TNJ Murray, Boyce Equipment and many others.

Google "military surplus" ", "military suppliers", etc.

phil2968

Roll the tie rod till the bend is down and place a bottle jack under the bend and jack it straight. Reset your toe in to less than a 1/4' or less at the center of the tire. I run dead straight on my tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks