• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with a technical problem

tah081

soo im about to buy this deuce from a guy and he told me that the truck runs fine for about 10-15 min then looses power…. let it sit and idle for 5 and it comes back and repeats… anyone have any idea as to why this might be occurring? any help as to things we should check would be greatly appreciated … thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why start at a $500 part when you can start with a $10 one?

When you swap filters, make sure you have a couple cans of brake cleaner and maybe even a long bottle brush.

Are you sure you want to help him get it running good BEFORE he sells it to you?

peashooter

just trying to help. I'd do the filters first also, but my luck would be that I'd still have the problem. My HH head had a leak at that screw on the side and after running a while it would start to run rough.... its air or fuel problem anyway.

tah081

why wouldnt i want to help him? i wanna learn the ins and outs and its at his cost until it does run right… otherwise im not buying it until it does

gimpyrobb

Exactly. I have had TOO many deals change AFTER we agreed on something. I say buy it cheap and fix it on your own or prepare for him to "re-negotiate" after it runs good.

tah081

we have already agreed upon $2k before anything and i told him that i wanted it running right for that amount… here are some pics of it… i know the fender hood and glass are not too purdy but ive already located new ones for hood $100 and fender $100 plus prolly $100 for shipping… is that too much for this truck?…. and here are the future plans pic lol hope the owner of this pic doesnt mind that i edited and posted a pic of hi truck

Attachments

gimpyrobb

OH man, don't scrap that bed, it has the factory bomb tie-down kit. Doesn't add any value to it, just handy as HE!!.

gimpyrobb

What is a bomb tiedown kit? I think My bed looks the same on my truck. My truck may be cooler than I thought. It has a bomb tiedown kit.
Yours must not be a stock kit. The stockers had the buckets in the tailgate too. Are your buckets round or square? The square ones are add-ons.