• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with Belt tightening

Caseymikl

Okay, it's been a long time since I have posted. Deuce is running strong, used it to rip some trees out for the new fence we are putting in. Also drove it to work once. When it's cold the belt squeals bad. The belt to the compressor pump
Is loose. How do I tighten the belt? I need to get this thing fixed up. I'm really wanting to drive it to my property at river ranch in the lake wales Florida. About 1 1/2 hour drive from fort pierce Florida. Also planning on adding a hitch receiver down the line to tow my trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

You should fabricate a spanner to fit the Huge nut (thing) on the front (half) of the pulley. Then Slacken the two bolts on the split halves of that pulley.(fun getting to the nuts, so turn the loose pulley to get at them if needed). Holding the rear half firm..adjust the slack by turning the front Huge NUT in.
It is like a 'DAF' variable transmission. Closing the pulley closes the halves, Pushing the the belt UP the 'V'. " TIGHTENING it. Similarly opening the halves lets the belt slip down into the 'V' slackening the belt.
No spanner? or can't make one?, Pipe wrench, Stillsons. "Any size things" Just make sure the bolts are well lubed with 'penni' oil first.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just un-bolt the 2 small bolts on the pulley and start the motor. The rotation should tighten it up good. Then again, if the belt is on its last leg, you might end up with a broke belt.

bonedoc

Just un-bolt the 2 small bolts on the pulley and start the motor. The rotation should tighten it up good. Then again, if the belt is on its last leg, you might end up with a broke belt.
I've heard this before Gimp...I think Rustystud may of mentioned it to me when I replaced my compressor last summer. I'll have to try it next time, has to be easier that using the wrenches.

gimpyrobb

Honestly, the first time I changed my belt, the pulley was seized, I had to take it completely apart. Once I put antiseize on the threads, it works good the way I described.

gimpyrobb

I take mine out then put back in. I don't want to chance them getting "ejected" and looking for replacements.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I take mine out then put back in. I don't want to chance them getting "ejected" and looking for replacements.
Yes I am still looking for a certain set of headlight bolts that seemed to get ejected when misplaced by somebody :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks