• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with brakelights--- M818

100dollarman

I have this semi-custom M818 being picked up by the customer on Sunday. All of the lights work except the brakelights. My guy says he cant find a brakelight switch anywhere.

Can anyone give me any tips on where the switch is, or other things I should look for to make them work?

Thank you in advance for any helpful info!!!

(didnt find any info with a quick search)

Attachments

Barneyszoo

Dont know about a 5 ton but my duice was the sameway when I bought it replaced the switch on the master cylinder got it at NAPA not Gov but worked

100dollarman

Yes- I figure there has to be a switch on either the pedal linkage or the master cylinder. I didnt have time to look today, but my guy tells me that he couldnt find anykind of a brakelight switch anywhere.

Thanks!!!

Barneyszoo

aww,Its gotta be there most liklly on the master cylinder, military should have a water proof wire going to the frount end of the master cyl. Keep looking

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the bulbs! Check the grounding of the lamp-units, both mounting bolts have to make good contact.

100dollarman

Well, I never did find a switch, but got the lights working!!!

Found that the master cyl was low on fluid. Filled it and the brake lights started working!!!

I dont know how or why... but they work now!:-D

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

jwaller

the switch is mounted to the drivers side frame rail just behind the master cylinder and hes 2 wires with 1 air line going to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks