• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with choosing a m35a2 to buy

presto_z

ive been browsing the web looking at a few sites that sell deuces for $9,000-18,000 for decent-restored condition and ultimately decided to look into getting a fixer upper.

ebay has a few but they seem to climb in price very fast. i did come across another auction site govliquidation.com are they a good legit site to purchase from?? i did a BBB of them and it came up with a few bad reports :( anyone buy from there??? they seem to sell for sub $2000 on there, if i could get one for under 2k i would be stoked

how much should i look on spending for one in decent shape?? by decent shape i mean not a complete rust bucket, not super high miles and runs or will run with very minor mechanical work

i know i want the turboed model, but im not sure if i should spend the extra money for one with a winch or not since i dont plan on going through anything to nasty.. i mainly want it to cruise through mild terrain and to pull stuck trucks out of the mud holes from time to time .. i plan on bringing it out on the weekends to watch everyone else play and break their stuff, i figure it should haul a sand rail quite nicely as well, i love trail riding in the buggy

this truck will not see the mud, maybe standing water every once in a blue moon. i also have a buddy who is willing to pick one up if he can get one for 3k or less as long as it runs

thanks
-steve

presto_z

Colorado is a bit far, maybe if you were in Georgia or the Carolinas lol

just wondering what is your asking price??

Alredneck

Banned
Bulldogs truck is a clean truck, as for prices go you pay for what you get. I dont know what Bulldog wants for his but im sure its worth it and you can ask around on here to find out more. Heck he has pics of it all over the place!!! ( I think thats Bulls pysops at work ) As for GL you can get cheap trucks then you can get bent over at the same time. Its best to preview the vehicles you want to bid on, but may not be able to. Some run, some dont, alot of times they just need fresh batteries, then others its somthing major. Its kinda like playing poker. If you got a good hand with the some money to spend you can win big!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a search for GL. You'll find out all you would ever want to know about them :wink:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Its 100% complete , any and all fluids have been changed and topped off , everything works , 39,000 miles , whistler turbo , rhino lined bed and cab floor, tons of other stuff and all im asking is 4500 . I have to move in two days like I said on my other post, it can sit for a month or so here but I want ti sold before i move.

Green_gator

The economics say buy one close to home unless the deal is huge. Given diesel prices right now figure that fuel will cost you about $.50 a mile and 500 miles is a really long day in a deuce. If you buy one in somewhere like Oklahoma so that you are looking at abut a 1,500 mile trip to come home. Fuel will set you back about $750 and two nights of hotel on the return trip ch is another $100, travel to the location $150. Now you have a $500 truck that is a "steal" is costing you $1,500 to your driveway. I am still learning to buy locally and maybe pay a bit more up front and less on delivery. The real unknown is will the vehicle make a long trip without problem. Florida is a friendly state when it comes to the rules on these trucks. I was able to get the local tax collectors office to issue me a temporary tag with my proof of insurance and a license. As a Florida resident GL will issue you a title when you apply for your SF 97 and you can get a permanent antique plate for very little cost and never have to renew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks