• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with Deuce stuck in shreveport la

wilsonmotors

I just bought a deuce and on the way home to Dallas I had a flat in Shreveport L.A. I was wondering if and one had a spare 14.00x20 Michelin or could help me put the ndt's back on I have them in the trailer I don't have anything to Chang's a tire on the deuce with me. Help please my cell is 214 354 4313 my name is Wes

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If no one is around, call an emergency fleet service company. Cost you some $$ but you'll be back on the road.
Good luck.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, do a recovery an bring NOTHING! How do....never mind.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1400's on a Deuce?
Guessin' that it is a modified deuce.
Once you get it rolling again, you should stop & buy the tools to change a tire, certainly makes life easier when you get a flat.
Good Luck with your recovery!
(Hope you got a title with your truck)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whip out the credit card and have a fleet repair place change them for you. Once you get home go back and read the threads on here about what to take with you to do a recovery.

For instance, most people take tools.

Good luck

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1400's on a Deuce?
Guessin' that it is a modified deuce.
Once you get it rolling again, you should stop & buy the tools to change a tire, certainly makes life easier when you get a flat.
Good Luck with your recovery!
(Hope you got a title with your truck)
Thought A3s used 1400s

wilsonmotors

yes it is bobbed and i got a title and he told me it had good tires plus a set of ndt's that go with it and tools that he had for it went with it. it was raining hard when i get there and i was in a hurry to get on the road so i didnt check everything like i should have.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yikes. Guess you could take a cab to Harbor Freight and get a jack and tools to remove lugnuts. Not even a lugwrench?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use your cell phone(recovery tool) and call a tire shop and have them swap your tires.

wilsonmotors

whell i got a fleet service to come change the tires hope they get here soon. and i found a place on the way home to stop and get another 14.00 x 20 just hope it dosent cost to much. to get all this done.

dmetalmiki

Call the guy you purchased it from..."im stuck" (why is there) no tools to change wheels at least as I have a flat! what tools (I should have taken note of) came with the truck as described?.................

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad ya got some assistance on the way. Agree with dmetalmiki. ask where things are that were suppose to come with truck. Some "lessons" are hard. Sorry we aren't close enough to help, cause that's what this site is about, helping each other. I've made my fair share of mistakes too, and like you, sometimes the correction can be costly. Hope ya make it home safe and sound. From your screen name, I would take it you are in the automotive resale business? Wouldn't think it would be unfamiliar territory for you, recovering a vehicle. Again, hope all works out well for you and please STAY SAFE!2cents
God bless,
Tony

flyxpl

Don't feel bad you don't have the proper tools , because most the tire changing hand tools these trucks come with are junk , making the chances you would get the rim and tire off marginal . If you were going to swap out all the tires to ntd you would be wishing you had the tire service come anyway . My first flat on my A3 took 2 hours to change over to the spare . The next time a little more prepared with air tools ,it took me 2 hours to swap out six of them . If the guy you bought the truck from is from this site , and he did you wrong , post his name .

bjsmith

Call the guy you purchased it from..."im stuck" (why is there) no tools to change wheels at least as I have a flat! what tools (I should have taken note of) came with the truck as described?.................
it was my truck and i never said any tools go with it. just the stock tires and few other misc items

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks