• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with heater cable assembly part number

Chaos333

Need help ASAP. I did a search but could not find what I am looking for. It's winter and so far I know I am missing the temp control assembly panel and the heater control assembly cable (20P part #6258364).

I have been looking at LMT part number - 32-0638 for the heater temp control assembly and 30-1455 for the heater cable but LMT says this is for the AC version so I am not sure if this will work. I have been to NAPA and a few other places the last few months and know one seems to be able to help me. Anyone know if these parts will work or do you have a part number that I can use to order these parts.

Need help bad since I am freezing my balls off.

M1008BOV

It looks like the -0638 is the correct one for these trucks. For 30-1455 there is a note in the top corner under the picture that says the cable is adjustable for all models (assuming that means w/o a/c.) You could always call them and ask.

Chaos333

I did call them but they were not sure since it is going in a M1009. They said it might work. LOL!

In the 20P it also looks like a cable connects to the heater in two places and also to the heater control assembly but in the LMT catalog it looks like it only connects to one place on the heater.

Last edited:

M1008BOV

One is for the blend door (temp control) and the other is for the heater/defroster selector (feet or windshield). Are you looking at page 450 in the 20p?

M1008BOV

And actually now that I look at the TM again, it looks like they are labeled with the same number. I believe (but could be wrong) that both those cables are the same and universal. You just have to adjust them to function properly. It's a very simple setup.

M1008BOV

Should be fine. In a pinch like gimpyrobb said, you can just manually move the doors where you need them. You can see the levers in the pics of fig 208. Since it's winter just get the blend door to hot (behind the glovebox) and flip the heater/defrost door to whatever you need at that time. It's in front of the 4wd shifter.

Do you have a control for the fan speed?

Chaos333

Isn't the control for the fan speed was on the heater control plate? In any case I did order the part and it should be here today. I am going to a junk yard in the next few weeks to see if I can find a cable. Thanks everyone for the reply's it was very helpful. I tried to respond to this tread last week but my modem went down so it has been no internet for me the last week and a half.

Chaos333

Got the heater control and my heater works. I am probably going to have to get a new heater core but it will work for now. Thanks everyone for your help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks