• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with light switch

poppop

I took my light switch apart today to try and figure out why no power comes out. Of course when it came apart the contact points fell out. Theres two contacts with three dimples and three contacts with two dimples. Can someone tell me where each goes. The tech article by liljohn won't open and I can't find anything with the search.

poppop

Thanks Bjorn!!! This shows me what I need to know. Mine is probably older and is made up a little different but the contact positions should be the same. The contact points in mine are seperate with a small spring behind them for tension. All this fell out when I took it apart before I could see the location of each. None of my lights work, but I have power going in the switch. With the switch removed I jumpered each connection and all lights function so it has to be the switch. All contacts were very black so i polished them bright and will lubicate with di-electric grease. If the lights still don't work I guess the build-in circuit breaker is the next thing to check.

poppop

This is on a 1956 M543. Only the main contacts appear to be silver plated. The outermost ones are copper unless all the plating is gone.

poppop

Well. I have headlights and taillights now. One headlight must have a bad ground as it is only half as bright as the other one. No park lights, panal lights or turn signals. Are the front amber lights supposed to be on when the switch is in park?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the amber lights are on in "park", but not when the headlights are on.

Glad you got the switch put back together, it can be a toughy, spring loaded parts etc.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the dim/park lever, switching from dim to park and back is a convenient way to flash the headlights while driving...no need to use the lock lever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks