• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help with M818 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fellow Steel Soldiers,

I purchased a M818 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and am looking for someone willing to, and capable of, getting the truck running. I am happy to pay a reasonable fee for this and I can have batteries delivered to your home, work, or other location. That said, this may be as simple as needing a jump from another military truck.

Shipping is no problem for me, but getting the truck onto the trailer is a challenge if the truck does not start, move, and stop (when you want it to:)

Trust that I know what to do as I've done this myself many a time, to include trucks in Hawaii and Texas (man, that TX to WI drive in a M813 was a long one), but I'd like to offer to pay someone to do this if they can use the cash.

So, if there is anyone who is (a) mechanically inclined with M809 series trucks, (b) lives near WPAFB, and (c) could use some extra cash for getting a truck running, please send me a PM.

Thanks much,

Joe

M1075

Joe-

Sorry, but I am too far to help. I thought you were solely a M939 series collector? You gotta leave something for the rest of us to bid on! :D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joe, contact Joseph aka Westfolk. He should be back home tonight from his trip to NC, I think. I believe he is going to W-P for something else in the next week.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WPAFB Help Needed

Thanks Chris; I will do that.

On another note, I wrote a post that I think, and as intended, will generate much conversation, and potentially equally as much controvery, conserning the mission of Steel Soldiers.

At issue is whether a government employee should list items on the Steel Soldiers web site. Although quite intruiging, the idea is wraught with danger.

It should be a spirited engagement ...

Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks