• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with mep-003

drjconley

I just bought a mep-003 and I need to read over the tech manual. Does anyone know what TMs cover this generator. I put diesel in it, but the three filter canesters dont have any filters in them what filters should I buy. Is there any reason the fuel would up the first canester, but not the second or third. It turns over just fine and looks clean. Thanks ahead for any help, it is appreciated.

Jim

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea what the third TM Nonotagain posted is for, but the other two are definitely the ones you want. The parts TM for the MEP-003a is TM 5-6115-585-24P.

The filters you need are a WIX 33113 filter for the fuel filters, they even come with the correct o-ring gasket to seal the bowl.

The oil filter is the WIX 51004, and you will need to buy a separate o-ring with that one as the one supplied is not correct. The o-ring is WIX 15108

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Please check to ensure you have an air filter. I have got 6 of the 003's and 5 came without the air filters. Also make sure you have an oil filter in that canister. In short, before you turn the knob, make sure you read the TM , make sure the fittings are tight and all the filters are in place and NEW!!! Do not trust them (GL) for having any filter inside a canister without checking or trusting that it is usable. These are great units if ran properly, and running them properly at this time is your job, not the PVT that had it before you... If you have a question about one of these you can pm me or Speddmon for help. He knows more than I do but i do not mind breaking out the TM and reading...

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the vote of confidence atankersdad, I don't know that I know more than anybody on this site, but I do like to tinker with them, and playing with electrons is my job.

Like he said, Send a PM if needed, or post your question, I'll try my best to help anybody out.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the vote of confidence atankersdad, I don't know that I know more than anybody on this site, but I do like to tinker with them, and playing with electrons is my job.

Like he said, Send a PM if needed, or post your question, I'll try my best to help anybody out.

We are all in this together!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks