• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with mouse damage FLU419

govsurplus

Trying to figure out if I can eliminate the test portal in the center console the mice had a banquet on the wires and the splitter tubing. I think the tubing is an easy fix does anybody know what the PSI is in the splitter tubes and which one is constant pressure? The wiring is another story are there any connectors for that wiring harness you can't see a damn thing under that beast I am unable to get the big mount out all the rubber is out but the floor hole is too small so I was hoping that there something I could disconnect and the location of the connectors since this looks to be a dead end harness I would prefer to just bin it. THANKS,20230325_164534.jpg20230325_164326.jpg20230325_164427.jpg Tony.

Attachments

peakbagger

BTW, the student handbook has the most information on the STE ICE harness. It was added on after it left the Mercedes factory and as others have stated it can be removed.

BTW, the Texas rats ate my wiring harness behind the dash. Long before we all had access to the wiring diagram I had to figure how to reconnect 21 black wires to each other.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks to all, I did not take it as an angry post being 73 years young I am always open to guidance and the opportunity to learn.
Hope it helps you. All the books for your "flusey" are in that set of links. There is a ton of information in those books. Really DRY reading, but they will help you a lot if you are hunting for an answer. Glad you are at your age - and using the computer to learn - because a lot of us elder folk don't even try.

On a PC, in Acrobat you can search and that search function beats the engine on this site.

Our TM Nag @Guyfang is a heck of a nice guy too.
And he does push all of us to "crack the books" regularly and that's good too.

peakbagger

BTW once you found the student handbook, go on a search for the high resolution version of the Mercedes wiring diagram, its a lot higher resolution than cut in half one in the technical manual. The downside is it does not have the STE Ice wiring or wiring in the back section. If you are really in the mood there is indexed set of the military technical tips for the SEE stashed away there. There is also a interesting technical report on the advantage of the special order Hein Werner Rock bucket. Very few SEEs were equipped with them, I have one and its quite a beast on rock and frozen ground but definitely a bit less precise than the stock case bucket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks