• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help with pioneer trailer @ huntsville

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a pioneer tool trailer at Huntsville al... I could use help getting it to Ky... Both tires appear to be up, but I would think trailering it would make sense....No idea about tire condition...or bearings..This is my first gl win so I need advise and info..Anyone interested in hauling it for me call 859 748 9336 to discuss terms..I can get it myself but it might help finance your roadtrip if it fits your plans... Let me know. THANKS, Bob

Chief_919

So your the guy who outbid me:wink:

I previewed them when I was doing a pickup. Did you get the nice looking one or the one with the door off? The better one had nice fairly new 9.00x16 Superlugs on it, they looked good to go for a tow, just take a spare set of wheel bearings and check them after the first couple miles.

The other one had older NDT's, I would be more hesitant to tow it a long way.

tjmilitary

Hook it up and tow it. WE bought one from the Mobil AL convention and towed it home to Chicago with a Gmc Envoy. Never knew it was back there. At all the gas stops everyone asked "what is it?", "a pig cooker?". The NDT's or super lugs are usually fine with out the cargo weight. Pulled a m101 back from lower AL loaded and lost a tread running 80-85 mph, slowed down after the tire change and the rest of the trip was fine. Feel the hubs for heat after a few high speed miles if not hot, put the pedal down.[thumbzup]

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Im getting an education real fast... I did not know there was a buyers premium added to the sale price...I did not know you only have 10 days to do a pick-up...I thought these things took months....Im going to be unavailable for a couple of weeks but I thought I had time....Now Ive got act fast.....

Chief_919....... THANKS for the info.. I was just shooting from the hip. Its good to know you think its road worthy...Sorry I outbid you. Bob

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Im getting an education real fast... I did not know there was a buyers premium added to the sale price...I did not know you only have 10 days to do a pick-up...I thought these things took months....Im going to be unavailable for a couple of weeks but I thought I had time....Now Ive got act fast.....

Chief_919....... THANKS for the info.. I was just shooting from the hip. Its good to know you think its road worthy...Sorry I outbid you. Bob
Is there a EUC to fill out on it ? If there is You have ten days after they send you ,your paid in full invoice .

Last edited:

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a EUC to fill out on it ? If there is You have ten days after they send you ,your paid in full invoice .

Im not sure how to tell???? I have the invoice marked " PAID" . There is no mention of one . Ive looked everywhere I know to look on GL and dont see anything about one.....

One place says EUC Status when I click on that it comes up blank?? I guess there may not be one??? Educate me PLEASE:lost:

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing as how Im on a stupid question roll....Let me ask this....The pioneer tool trailer was made to be pulled buy a Jeep or blazer or something like that, Right?? It will work with the smaller pintel hitch right???

Chief_919

Im not sure how to tell???? I have the invoice marked " PAID" . There is no mention of one . Ive looked everywhere I know to look on GL and dont see anything about one.....

One place says EUC Status when I click on that it comes up blank?? I guess there may not be one??? Educate me PLEASE:lost:
No EUC required on that auction.

Chief_919

Seeing as how Im on a stupid question roll....Let me ask this....The pioneer tool trailer was made to be pulled buy a Jeep or blazer or something like that, Right?? It will work with the smaller pintel hitch right???
They were intended to be pulled by the M-37 when first made, and later the M-715, M880, M-1008 and last the HMMWV.

Small pintle hook is perfect.

The chassis under your trailer is the exact same as under an M101A1. For the axles, frame, tounge, wiring, etc use the M101A1 manual, you only need the pioneer trailer manual for the actual cargo box- and you really shouldn't need a manual for anything you would do on it.

tjmilitary

Small pintle is correct. Blazer, jeep, m37, etc.. They were not used behind jeeps though, only the 1/4 ton trailers. the pioneer tool is a3/4 version, like the m101. Mine is a m116 which was the designation for the trailer chassis. Good luck.

ODw/envy

If your invoice does not say "paid in full" you probably need EUC. Only recently has it been the case that you could buy any trailer without an EUC. Many/most still require it.

Your invoice should say "paid" and then "awaiting payment in full" also, if EUC needs to be submitted. You have 3 business days.

Wait till you go to title it and need an SF97 form, for which GL will gladly charge you $60.

Regards,
OD

ODw/envy

I respectfully submit that you are mistaken. Note the big red sign at the bottom of the page.

It seems to vary by location at this point. I assume others will catch up soon.

Sorry to post an active auction, but it is the only way to make my point, for the benefit of those less informed.

OD

Last edited by a moderator:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I respectfully submit that you are mistaken. Note the big red sign at the bottom of the page.

It seems to vary by location at this point. I assume others will catch up soon.

Sorry to post an active auction, but it is the only way to make my point, for the benefit of those less informed.
I think you could have simply said, "no there are active auctions that are requiring the EUC."

My statement was based on discussions with a GL site manager that said they were no longer required for 3/4 tons. I don't troll all of GL sites looking to verify what one of their employees tell me.

Last edited:

ODw/envy

I was trying to be respectful. "'no there are active auctions that are requiring the EUC'" seems a little more combative than what I posted.

As apposed to supposition, I was trying to backup my point with verifiable facts to limit any confession.

I "troll" listings constantly and had come across a related thread recently and, therefore, hoped I might lend something of value to the discussion.

OD

davidkroberts

anyway to get back on topic,

If you cant get down to the site call the office and talk to theresa. and tell her what is going on. They will usually work with you on that site not so much on the other ones. If possible call wreckerman and see if he can do a pickup for you. If he isnt busy he usually will for a small fee. He is on a first name and doughnut basis with the entire base to include the front gate where you need an appointment to get in by the way.

I wouldnt worry about just driving home with it. Those trailers pull pretty good empty behind almost anything. If you get down to the site and have a problem you can rent a trailer from Uhaul locally.

3dAngus

That's really odd. I bought 2 M101A2s at Huntsville this week (Thurs) and no EUC required. Your example was of a M101A1 at the same location that requires an EUC. I don't get it. They are both 3/4 ton trailers. I already have my "Paid in Full" invoice too.

davidkroberts

man this is the government, if it operated logically would we be having the problems we are having with it? Im still wondering why they are requiring mutilation on some trucks/trailers when the exact same trucks/trailers are being sold somewhere else. Or even why the hummers are still not being surplussed even though Hummer isnt making trucks anymore.