• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with possible purchasse. m211

inksane

So i find this nice looking 52 m211 that needs a little work, and I wanted to see what people think about it and if I should buy it or not. It definitely needs a new paint job because glossy blue just doesn't work for me lol. They are asking $4000 obo.

Anyways here is the description of the vehicle from the ad. (i am not trying to sell a vehicle here just copied the description from ad)

For sale: 1952 M-211 - 2 1/2 Ton - 6x6 Truck
This is your chance to own a custom restored piece of history. This Deuce has appeared hundreds of times in parades, events and special events.
The Korean war vet was fully restored in 1987 in its transformation to the Blue, Gold and Chrome Royal Guard Trooper. This deuce 25 years later, still is running great, shifting well, however doesn't want to stop! Literally!!
The number 2 rear axle brakes, need work at the calipers upper and lower. In the past year a full tune up, fluid change, exhaust system, 11 brake lines, 6 hoses, emergency brake and number #1 rear axle have had over $5k of work done to them. Unfortunately, this Deuce is at the age, it needs someone who has the skills and time to complete these necessary repairs.

Any rough idea how much those brake parts will cost. Is it worth offering $3000? Sorry I am new to MV's and this one looks like a really nice body (after a respray and a little tinkering)

00k0k_1ISJwtcF3Co_600x450.jpg
00l0l_11UIY0AzdrK_600x450.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Niagara Military Parts has those wheel cylinders for like $25 ea. Each axle has 4 of them. Child's play to replace them. Agreed the blue don't work for me either. Looks like a civil defense truck.

ducer

The guy that owns it is a member here. If you look in the older deuce forums you will find they did do a lot of work to that truck.
Sorry I can't recall his name or threads. If I remember right it is a pretty solid old truck but does have some mudd in it.

Hope this helps,
Denny

nmwildman013

I had a 1954 M211 and dumped a lot of money in it. It was a nice truck but I couldn't sell it. Not even for cheap. Brakes and transmission were always a problem as well as keeping it running reliably. We scrapped it about 6 months ago after a lot of soul searching... Thought about putting a 440 motorhome engine and trans in it and a2 axles in it but never got that far. I won't buy another one.

inksane

I had a 1954 M211 and dumped a lot of money in it. It was a nice truck but I couldn't sell it. Not even for cheap. Brakes and transmission were always a problem as well as keeping it running reliably. We scrapped it about 6 months ago after a lot of soul searching... Thought about putting a 440 motorhome engine and trans in it and a2 axles in it but never got that far. I won't buy another one.
Thanks for the info. I decided to pass on the truck.