• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with Turbo info

semojeep

New recruit here in the process fo negotiating my first MV Purchase. I am negotiating on a 1968 Deuce sight unseen. During my inquiry, I was told the Turbo is a Class E, Quote" The smallest of the turbos". In my initial searches I have not found information pointing to an E just the D and C. Time is of the esscence, can someone steer me just a little. Thanks. I should have mentioned that the engine is a White Multifuel.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "C" and "D" are most common. I have seen 2 others on deuces, but only one time each. The C and D look similar, the other 2 I saw had a compressor housing that was not rounded, they were kinda squared off and IIRC one was wastegated. I'll look around for some pics.

semojeep

The Class term was from the seller. I probably should have asked if anyone has ever heard of an E turbo. From other posts I have seen on this forum, I am not sure it really matters. Any opinions?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ask for a pic of the exhaust side of the turbo. No need to interpret what he is calling an "E" turbo. A pic is woth 1000 words.

semojeep

Sorry it took so long, I went ahead and made the purchase. Now that it is home I understand why they call it a whistler. If it is not a whistler, then there is a loud ringing in my ears.

Attachments