• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Injector Pump assistance in Kansas City

HardCorps79

So, the M1009 has been parked dead in the driveway all summer due to a shot Injector Pump I can't get out. The simple fact is, I don't know enough about what i'm doing. If there's anybody in the area who can help me get it out so I can get it rebuilt, I would really appreciate the help. I want to have the CUCV up and running once it gets too cold to ride the motorcycle anymore.

There's a Stanadyne guy in Blue Springs who will rebuild it for around $400, but I need help getting it out and putting it back in. I'm not afraid to dig in to this, but don't really have any kind of mechanical experience. I know I may have gotten in too deep with an older truck like this, but I want to learn.

So, if you're in the KC area and know what you're doing, I'd buy you a good case of beer and/or pizza to come and give me a hand. Thanks to all.

Still love this site and all the helpful hints/tips I've gotten.

Semper Fi

-Sgt "Bear", USMC

Westech

CPL
$400! get one off ebay new for a lot less! And there ez to get out, I can have them out in 30 min or less. Take off intake, take off lines at injectors, take oil fill tube out, remove the 3 bolts on the front gear. you will have to rotate the engine to get at each bolt. done

HardCorps79

Westy-

I checked ebay and can't find them for less than $300 + shipping & unknowns. The guy in Blue Springs rebuilds for the National Guard and his rebuilds carry a Stanadyne warranty. Do you ever get up to Kansas City? I could use a hand getting it out.

Can't seem to get on the third nut (under the throttle arm lever/plunger thingy)- can't fit a socket down there, and the wrench doesn't have enough room to move with the bracket and alternator mount in the way.

As I tried to indicate in my last post, i'm kind of mechanically inexperienced and have hit a wall here.

Confession: how do I turn the engine over "by hand" to rotate it, once I get the oil fill tube off? Don't really know what I'm doing here. :oops:

Chief_919

Westy-

Can't seem to get on the third nut (under the throttle arm lever/plunger thingy)- can't fit a socket down there, and the wrench doesn't have enough room to move with the bracket and alternator mount in the way.
You need an S shaped wrench. Snap-On and Kent Moore made special ones, but Lowes sells a GearWrench S shaped set that works like a dream.

Westech

CPL
I never needed anything but "stranded" tools to replace the pumps. Another thing you can do is get a engine off GL.. I got two new 6.2's for 150 bucks. I gave Mang one of the pumps and he says his 09 has never ran better. 400 Bucks man I tell ya that's a lot to pay for a pump.

and here is a pump for 275 with shipping

http://shortlinks.net/irg108

HardCorps79

Westy-
Thanks for the ebay link. May have to use that- would be a big savings. I'll see if I can get an S-shaped wrench at the local Lowes/Home Depot and see what happens. Otherwise, the beer/pizza offer still stands if you make it to KC.

So, you wouldn't happen to be the one selling the 1009 currently listed for $4k on craigslist from Jct City/KC would you? It's tempting...(too bad I don't have a spare $4k, right?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks