• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M1009 Parts help

bigredlab

I have a little electrical problem with my M1009.

I keep having problems getting a good connection in the vicinity of the fusible link. Does anyone know what the part number is for part that has the two bolt posts that the fusible link attaches to?

Michael

The part number is 3996270 and the description is TERMINAL BOARD. It is found in FIGURE 65. ENGINE WIRING HARNESS in TM 9 2320 289 34P page 157. I have been calling it the 12 volt buss. I have never seen a NOS one but they probably do exist.

I would think a good cleaning would be all it needs.

bigredlab

Michael said:
The part number is 3996270 and the description is TERMINAL BOARD. It is found in FIGURE 65. ENGINE WIRING HARNESS in TM 9 2320 289 34P page 157. I have been calling it the 12 volt buss. I have never seen a NOS one but they probably do exist.

I would think a good cleaning would be all it needs.
Michael, Thanks for the info . . .
I wish all it needed was a good cleaning. One of the posts has the threads stripped so getting a good connection is intermittant. Its been having intermittant problems.

CCATLETT1984, Yep, I guess I just didn't think of it as a triangle. :oops:

Do either of you happen to know what an equivalent part number would be at say Napa auto parts, etc.?

Michael

Move everything over to the good post. You don't have to have two. Otherwise I would use one of a parts cucv. I doubt NAPA will have one just like it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks