• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M35 tach cable

jasonjc

There is one on epay right now seen it last night. It just screws on both ends like a speedo cable, asfar as I know.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did mine when I did the head gaskets. I bought a new one from Saturn. First, I removed the old one by reaching under the dash with a wrench and unscrewing it from the back of the tach. Then I fed it out through the firewall. I then unscrewed it from the 90° gearbox adapter on the front of the timing cover.

Installation was the reverse.

Lube it with something like a dry graphite lube before installing.

Reaching the connector on the timing cover is fun. A shorty open end wrench is helpful, if you have one large enough. I did it from the driver's side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks