• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M35A2 rear hub seals in Lynchburg VA

meumar

Started recovery of my new-to-me deuce from the DELMARVA peninsula on Monday. Rear-rear hub seals started Class III leak ~230 miles into the trip. Had it trucked in last 100 miles. Know of anyone in Lynchburg VA area who may be able to help replace 'em?

Matt1970M35A

If you have to pull the hubs and chain up the Axel.
You might be able to tighten the wheel Bering. Loose bearings will also cause them to leak.
I would replace seals and bearings when you get home.

Matt1970M35A

The few things I learned from changing mine.
When installing the rear seal find a large pipe to drive the seal on. It looks like you could just push it on but you can't.

When you are seeting the pre load on the bearings run the first nut up untill you fill just a little drag. I did mine with the wheel mounted. When you get it just Wright back it off a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Install the 2nd nut and tighten it up. Don't bend the tabs on the locking ring just yet. 're check your pre load. If it fills good bend the tabs and finish putting it tougher. If it's loose or to tight then you will have to adjust the first nut a little and tighten down the 2nd nut and 're check it.

800summit

Dont forget to put in the cork in the keyway, you will have to shape it in a wedge put in the seal then the nut, torque to 95lbs, back off 1/8 turn put the retainer back on tighten outer nut, done

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks