• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need m35a2 shipped from ga to va

northwood81

Hey everybody. I found a nice m35a2 in cartersville ga. Only problem is I need it shipped to Marion va a distance of about 350 miles. Does anybody know of any good shipper in this area? Thank you

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not drive it?

northwood81

Couple of reasons. First would be wanting to make sure it was properly tagged and insured and im not sure what all that process will include. Second is this would be my first deuce and although I grew up in a farm driving heavy machinery I don't feel comfortable driving it that far with other motorist on the roads.

Keith_J

Why not drive it?
What I would do. But I know how to fix the brakes, cooling and charging system to make a ferry trip.

Lights. Always check the lights. This is the season for self-recovery. June through August is miserable. 115 F though Kansas would have killed me, we towed the M1031.

You can get a one day tag and call your insurance and be on the way provided the Deuce is in good running order. I'm about an hour away and if you want a hook to tow it, there is a service here that will do it. It's gonna cost though. Let me know and I'll give you his number, if he can't do it, he may know of someone in the Marion area that will.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
350 miles, if you are getting from a prviate party, the truck should be in fair to good shape, just have me drive it

I bought mine a lot further than 350 miles away. I used www.uship.com to get shipping quotes. The quotes are non-binding and you can decide to drive it if the shipping is too much, or go another route (towing company, etc).

If the truck is in good working order, you might want to cosider the help offers from members. But that is entirely up to you. I made the decision to ship mine because I did not know the maintenance history, etc on mine...even though the owner was a very nice guy. Due to my job, I find it hard to believe everything I'm told, but the guy I eneded up buying mine from actually turned out to be a 76 year old veteran and did all of the maintenance required :)

Good luck and enjoy your truck!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Too bad this wasn't April or May, I'd be driving that thing to bring my stuff up north and then dropping it off to you.

3dAngus

Whether trailered, towed, or driven, you need insurance. Just get it and let Ron drive it. It's your best bet. He's fully qualified.

And he's not out to hurt you on the deal.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whether trailered, towed, or driven, you need insurance. Just get it and let Ron drive it. It's your best bet. He's fully qualified.

And he's not out to hurt you on the deal.

Ditto on 3D's comments. Ron is an excellent gentlemen to work with and will not do you wrong. In fact by the time the truck was at your house he would have a list of all the things that need to be done to it. That list alone is worth a million dollars :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks