• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M38 appraisal for Illinois Title

Misdemeanor

I recently purchased a M38 and have a bill of sale. I've done some research and found that in my state of Illinois a title can be created if a bond is posted for 1.5x the "appraised" value. The funds are held by the state and in three years if no liens or claim to ownership are made you get a clear title and your funds are returned (if the state hasn't spent it:doh:). I could use some advice.

Has anyone had experience doing this in Illinois or state with similar rules?

Is there a appraiser that anyone here has used for Military Vehicles that could be recommended? The requirement is a written appraisal by a licensed dealer. I would think pictures and a description would be okay for an appraisal. I don't think the appraiser needs to be in Illinois. This is an unrestored not running example.

ryan77

Contact some one at the NICMVPA! Check out there website and consider becoming a member! The president is Joe Werner he can steer you the right way with the title issue!

ranchhopper

Call Bill at EZ license service in elgin I use them for everything he would know if anyone would they do all my titles and licensing they know the right numbers to call in springfield if there is any problem or snags titleing anything in our great greedy state.

Misdemeanor

Contact some one at the NICMVPA! Check out there website and consider becoming a member! The president is Joe Werner he can steer you the right way with the title issue!
Downloaded the application and will fill it in and send the $20 in before the end of the week.

I called Bill in Elgin and he seemed helpful on the phone. I plan on dropping off the BOS and VIN info this week. I will update this forum as to the progress. Thanks for the help.

ryan77

Try to avoid the bonded title if u can! There a pain in the butt! You really dont own it for 3 yrs! I think some companys sell bonds for situations like this!

Misdemeanor

Call Bill at EZ license service in elgin I use them for everything he would know if anyone would they do all my titles and licensing they know the right numbers to call in springfield if there is any problem or snags titleing anything in our great greedy state.
A quick update...

I went to see Bill at EZ License about 3 months ago. He did a great job filling out all the paper work and his fees are very reasonable. Today 11/18 I received a letter from the IL SOS dated 11/5 that I need to get the State of SC to supply a surrendered title within 30 days of the date on letter. So, I have until 12/5 (17 days) to get the info to them but it took them 90 days to get a letter to me. Ends up SC didn't have a must issue title until 1958. Since this is a 1952 it probably never had a title.

Hopefully Bill will know what to do with this. I will keep updating how the experience goes for those who attempt to do the same thing in the future.

ranchhopper

Bill deals with this stuff on a daily basis dont sweat it just give him the information he asks for and he will deal with them thats why its so nice to pay him he knows how to get the low information state workers on the ball.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck! Glad Kevin got ya goin in the right direction! Keep us informed, cause ya NEVER know when someone else might need some assistance.

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks