• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M715 Radiator Shroud

Wayofftrack

Hello Guys,
I have a buddy that needs a shroud to complete a frame up resto. It can need repairs. Anyone got one they can part with? Apparently a hard to find item on the loose.
Thanks!

Barrman

They are hard to find because the break into about 15 different pieces if you look at them wrong. I gently set one down once and it was broken when I picked it up a few days later. Nothing came near it while it was sitting.

If you do find one, shipping will probably break it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman is right. They were fragile back when I started messing with M715s in 1980. The fiberglass must have been really poor. The truck will cool just fine without it, and few judges will ding you much for that being missing, if the rest of the truck is 100%.

bcowanwheels

the heat from the rad is what makes them fragile...... i have one thats in 2 pieces if this helps. i was going to make a mold off it to start reproducing them but as tight as the m715 crowd is it wasnt worth my time and $.
bob

Wintermute

hmmm...mines made of plastic, not fiberglass. I wonder if it's a replacement from another vehicle. Anyone know if the gladiator shrouds fit? I would venture that since they were the same engine, they were probably the same fan and radiator. Might be a good place to look.

--Wintermute

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks