• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M880 key number!!

papercu

I only see a "B" on my key, it did work the key switch on both of my trucks. I'm going to town tomorrow and will try to have one made and send you a copy if that will help. Wayne

Last edited:

citizensoldier

I have a key for a M880 that I could mail him.. But I think Recovery 4x4 might have already done this.. We need the code number so he could have one made at a dealership or anyone close to Rock Island that has a M880 type vehicle? Hmmmm

acmunro

I guess I got lucky with my Dodge my ignition lock was in the lock position, but the steering and gearshift was not locked. A freind with a M886 gave me a key for it when I got it home.

Alredneck

Banned
Yea the key just locks the ignition. You can still shift it into neutral and steer the wheel. I will try that number key but we were hopping for a confirmation on what the code is. Recovery and everything I found on the net today said they all should be the same but noone has the code. Shhhh. Argghhh!!! I hate when this happens.:roll:

Alredneck

Banned
Ah I was looking at that under the hood earlier today but wasnt sure if the ignition switch would keep cutting off the flow of juice. Will try it in the mornig, I got some spare wire and I always carry tools. Though I forgot my jumper cables and had to by new set. I can just bump it over with a screw driver at the relay after I get the 12vs to the positive side right. ( Just use a jumper wire to energize the side I need correct. I had to do that on my Jeep truck and a old F100 but its been a minute ) Thanks, Captain

nattieleather

The number on my key is : Y152

This is an aftermarket key and I am not sure it is the number you need...
That's the blank number that any key shop or hardware store will use to know to use a 1907s chrysler blank instead of a KW1 which is for a kwickset house lock etc.

What you need to find out is the cutting code the dealer would use to cut a new key. And yes one key fits them all. I might even have a M880 key at home....:)

Hal_VT

Did anyone come up with a key code yet?

I need either the code or a key, my key disappeared after my nephew's wedding in September, and I am going to need the truck pretty soon to plow snow.