• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED MVs for parade May 25, 2015

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WRONG DATE, the parade date IS MONDAY may 25

I got a call from the DAV looking for MILITARY VEHICLES for the Gainesville GA. MENORIAL DAY PARADA, MONDAY May 25, I said "sure, is there a LIMIT on the number that I can field", answer "huh, I guess not, never been asked that before" ,last year sorta crashed the parade, no entry, ect. the DAV just said here is a good spot, we will fit here, they did not believe me when I said "sure I can have a truck or so for you guys, this was the Thur. before the parade, we showed up with 4 trucks.

So please let me know as soon as you know, I would like to see a bunch, a lot, a herd, ect., ect. of trucks. Maybe all go to lunch after the parade.

The DAV told me that the parade IS NOT a antique car show, if the truck runs, we will put it in the parade,

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still some slots open, so far 2 - 923s, a 931, 819, 1009, 1070 build

zout

If I can get Jokers Wild up an operational Deb an I will sign up for this....but I need time to check the beast out first

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just bumping this up, TWO weeks away, could use some MORE trucks, never enough STEEL SOLDIERS.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still trying to pimp the MEMORIAL DAY parade for this Sat. in Gainesville, GA. (the GA. is so not to confuse the very southern members (even below AL,)), for those coming up 985, take exit 22, then right, keep going till the 129/60 split, the staging is at 07:30 is in the church parking lot on the LEFT.

You know, just a thought as the parade is so long that last year we arrived at the staging point while some of the parade was still starting, we COULD make a SECOND run down the parade route this year,

So far we have,
2 -- m923s
1 -- m931a1
1 -- m1009
1 -- m819
2 -- m35a2s

As you can see, there is still room.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Please go back and read post #1, the parade date is NOT SAT. May 23, IT is MON MAY 25. SORRY ABOUT this lack of checking data.

andy3

I'm crawling out from under my rock and hope to make it with my M35a2
I confirmed alternator shaft failure. Hope to get it replaced tomorrow.

tankertuf

Just got to staging area and was told no room there for us and was sent down street to Publix. Supposed to go back towards staging after 0900 when roads are closed and line up on road.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Want to thank everybody, the DAV was beyond happy,
Now for the question of the day, what is better then doing the parade with a bunch of neat people with BIG GREEN IRON as well as some little green iron, and a wheel chock,
Answer,

Do the parade TWICE, the m819 made a SECOND round as clean up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks