• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new Air Tanks

DuecesWild

Hey guys I have a leak in one of my air tanks and I just figured Id replace both of them. Ive looked around alittle and cant seem to find replacement tanks. So I was wondering what you guys have used. I need to fix this bad boy so I can drive it again. Thanks.

GoHot229

What about those 7 -10 gallon air tanks from Harbor freight? some of the guys have mounted them under there to give the 'tanks' more volume to run air aparatus's, mabe you could use one solely for such a purpose, of course you'd have to weld a bung on it for a water drain on the bottom side? Probably get the originals easily and cheap enough though.

jimmcld

Memphis Equipment has NOS tanks. We just replaced ours. Be aware, there are different tanks used on different trucks. We had to do a bit of plumbing.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the surplus guys has them can't rember right now. They are the same size but two chambered. You jus have to run a extened bit through the end hole and drill out the divider.

wdbtchr

When the air tank on my DTC 8606 forklift sprouted leaks, I couldn't find a new or used replacement tank or anything near the right size. I found a nos airtank for an M871 trailer on Epay from a seller surplus-boys. I was way to big to fit in the under chassis location, so I mounted it on top of the hood. Ther is a lot more room under the chassis of the trucks and I think it would fit without problems. It's a super heavy tank with a 450# rating.

Keep an eye out on Epay they turn up on there fairly regularly, tho I don't see anything right now.
http://myworld.ebay.com/surplus-boys?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1181

Bill W

Both mine were so rotted I couldn't believe they held air
I found 2 used ones on e-pay from Boyce equipt, cost me $15ea and another $50 total to ship

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks