• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new engine??

DirtWhore

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I am a new Duece owner as well. I just bought a '87 M35 from a guy in Dallas. I picked up the truck Monday night made it about 10 miles from his house and the motor locked up solid. :banghead: The rebuild date on the block is 9/93. My question is should I try and find a rebuilt long block or have my mechanic rebuild what I have?

One other question....How much weight will these trucks hold? I own a motocross track and use a Freightliner 2.5 ton truck with a 2000 gallon tank on it now. I have been looking for a M35 for a while so I do not get stuck in the mud and the extra ground clearance will be nice as well. I plan on putting a 3000 gallon tank on this truck, is this too much weight for this truck? The truck will be used off road only and most of the time in first or second gear spraying lots of water. Thanks for any replies.

Shawn

dlb

I know of a guy that put 30,000 pnds on the back of his truck with no problem and another guy that had 21,000 pounds on his and it didnt even squat it down.

Deuce-bigalo

Well, let me be the first to say sorry you just got it and within 10 miles of driving the engine seized! That sucks and I know the 10 mile walk back would be full of a lot of words that I couldn't repeat here in the forum!

Secondly, please post your location in your signature DirtWhore. It's a member requirement that in order to post, you must list where your writing from. It's available under Control Panel/Edit Profile.

Thanks and welcome to the most expansive knowledge base of Military vehicle information!

John [thumbzup]

rdixiemiller

Watch E-Bay, I have seen running engines go for $500-$750. I got a good LDT 465 1 D on GL, $445. Depending on where you live, there are a couple of list members who have take-out engines, Spicergear comes to mind.

SixBuy

Don't know where you are but there are several options to pick up engines around the Dallas-Austin corredor if you're interested.

FSBruva

DW-
The M50A2 was the military water truck, built using the same chassis as the M35. The tank put on their was only 1000 gallons. However, this was for the most extreme circumstances. M35 have been known to carry 10 tons on the highway, but I'm not sure how it would do on the dirt.

Anyone have any experience?

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks