• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new fuel pump for M151A2

m37jarhead

New to this site. Struggling with the "search" section. Sorry.
The fuel pump on my M151A2 is bad. Where is a good source
for a fuel pump that can withstand ethanol fuel blends?
TNJ Murray has NOS pumps but that doesn't cure the ethanol problem.
Can these pumps be found at NAPA or Autozone type stores?
Got a part number?
Any help appreciated.
Jerry

Aswayze

I got sick of dealing with the same issue on my M151A1 and adapted a rotary fuel pump to it.

The one I used was a Carter brand part number P4603hd from NAPA. It's a bit noisy but since it doesn't have rubber parts for the ethanol to eat, it's been a winner. No more loosing prime, no more dead fuel pump surprise.

Stagg was going to fit a newer mechanical pump to his A2 but since I have an A1 that's where my windshield washer vacuum pump goes...

Attachments

nattieleather

Take the pump to a good auto parts store. One that has knowledgeable staff and see if they can find a replacement. If memory serves me right (and it may not) a Chevy small block fuel pump may work. I know the bolt up is the same and gasket to block is the same so maybe that will work. Take the old pump in and see if they can find a match.

m37jarhead

Thanks for the advice.
The NAPA guys down the block have been very knowledgable in the past.
I'll take the pump up there and see what they can find.
Jerry

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Rich Miller at Riv-Rad. 251-988-8666. He is honest, doesn't overcharge you, and is there for you if you need help installing parts.

cobra5

M151A2…Airtex, customer part number 021163, catalog number 928M, cost USD43, available at Autozone.

or also usable, but not identical fuel pump for mid 60s Valiant with slant six

Whiterabbit

M151A2…Airtex, customer part number 021163, catalog number 928M, cost USD43, available at Autozone.

or also usable, but not identical fuel pump for mid 60s Valiant with slant six

I must be doing something wrong, I tried 4 ways to Sunday to look those numbers up and got zip. They still good?

cobra5

Fuel Pump

Okay, when I posted this it was a cut and paste for another sites WIKI. The pump you want is an Airtex 60577. Autozone has them for 19 bucks. These are mechanical pumps used on 1960's era Plymouth Valiant. The only difference is that you won't b eable to ford a river with the civilian pumps.

Whiterabbit

Can't ford a river? Hmmm. Been known to have water half way up the doors on my trucks.
I guess no one makes a rebuild kit for the military ones?

Blake

The fuel pump died on mine and I put the slant 6 Plymouth pump from autozone on this weekend since time is getting short for the Georgia rally. For the existing vent on new fuel pump, I drilled and tapped the hole and threaded in a machine screw to seal it up. On the other side, it had the casting indentation that mirrored the hole on the other side. I drilled it out, and then took a brass hose barb, dressed it up with the belt sander, a few drops of jb weld to seal it, and pressed it in the hole. The fording vent will attach as original. Since the civilian pump has a hose barb on the suction side and not a flare fitting, I put together some brass fittings to go from the original double flared hard line to a 5/16 fuel hose. Connected the suction side with the fuel hose. I bent a new line to run to the carb so I didn't bend the original out of shape since the output is to the front instead of the side like the original pump. Nothing original was modified so it can be put back to stock with my original parts when the new military style pump comes in. Overall, a very clean installation.image.jpg

m37jarhead

I've using the blue "marine" grade of Stabil for some time. This was recommended to me by the Stabil guys at the Barrett-Jackson auction.
This blue stuff is a little more expensive than the red that we've all been using but Stabil claims it's superior. Time will tell. Thks, JB

XChief

I used the 1966 Plymouth Valiant Slant six pump. Worked perfectly but the line to the carb points to the right front of the vehicle instead of straight ahead. Tweaking the steel line will solve that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks