• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need NHC-250 in a can hauled from PA to NC

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have a rebuilt NHC-250 engine in a can sitting at the Mechanicsburg GL site. I am awaiting my approved EUC. I would like to get it hauled from there to John Winslow's place in Halifax, NC. I can go get it with a trailer and my Excursion, but would rather not spend a whole day during the week doing it. Therefor, here's a couple of scenarios that would work out great:

1: A fellow member is picking up a truck and is driving south with it and I could pay the member some fuel costs to take the engine along and drop it by John's.

2: A fellow member is having an item or truck shipped to somewhere in the south and I could give them money towards their trucking bill to have the engine dropped off at John's.

3: A member in PA, MD, VA, etc... is picking up a truck or other item there and could get my engine to their place where I could come grab it on a weekend. I would kick in some fuel money and some beverages for their trouble. This would require that member to have a hoist or wrecker or something capable of lifting 5k lbs.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Attachments

n3sq

I have a right rear door from an M774C at Winslow's that need to be brought up as far as PA/MD. So if somebody is heading back could they stuff a smallish door on the return leg. I'll contribute towards fuel.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So Chris, what do you have for a truck now? Have you been out buying something and not telling us?

Mike_Pop

I'm heading to Florida by the first week of August, I could haul it for you Chris. What are the weight and dimensions?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Kenny - I'm not telling on grounds that I may incriminate myself :)

Mike - I may need it before then, but if not, that would be awesome. It is 79" L X 63" H X 43" W in the crate and the whole deal weighs around 4000 lbs I believe.

Mike_Pop

Chris,

Not a problem to haul. I may be able to do it sooner if I can get enough loads to make the trip worthwhile.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4000# is about what that little Austin Champ weighs. That is one heavy little sucker.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way, Chris, I am trying to get Winslow to deliver an M818 to my house and also to pick up a set of G177s, a new M939 series hood, a set of NOS dump truck troop seats and a new M939 series hard top for my M929 that is at his place. Maybe, if you can get the motor to my place, we can put it on his trailer with the rest of my stuff.

Mike_Pop

As of now, I am working on getting three small loads that have to go south. If anyone has stuff going north, it would be worth my while to haul it for you. I can get a trailer that is 20' long with a 10,000# capacity. I could then make the trip sooner, say after July 4th.

n3sq

Any chance I could get the M447C door I need tucked into the load Bruce. I can chip in for the fuel. I can then pick it up from your location.

Alex

Mike_Pop

Come on guys...help me out! I would like to get my Champ before the hurricane season kicks in in Florida but funds are limited right now. Hauling stuff is the best way for me to afford a trip down and back.

Bruce: Maybe we can barter for our other deal?

n2sq: No problem to throw a door on if I am making the trip.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, the problem is, the only way it makes sense for me to get Winslow (or you) to pick up the stuff for the M929 is if I can get the M818 hauled north. An M818 is too heavy for your trailer, I believe.

N3SQ: PM sent...I see no problem getting your door hauled to MD...assuming I can actually get my stuff hauled for a reasonable price.

NHC 250

About a year ago I hauled a new NHC 250 with all of the accesories from North Carolina to Minnesota in my Dodge diesel. I just took my time and everything was ok. Heaven forbid a panic stop, etc! Looking back I wouldn't do it again!

Was this the motor that went for auction a few weeks back that almost looked to be blue in color? That engine looked clean. Whatever you use the NHC for I'm sure it's big and green!

Andy

Attachments

Green_gator

RE: new pics

Chris,
Could that fit in an M105 Trailer? Does Mechanicsburg have the ability to shove it in the back of an M109? I need to get up to Maryland and recover an M105 and may be able to fit this into the route. Looks like it is not a big detour to get to Mechanicsburg from Fort Meade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks