• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Oil Cooler O-rings

chevymike

Hi all,

I just got my radiator back from being re-cored and I need the O-rings that go on the oil cooler lines that go into the radiator. I looked in the TM and found the part number of 14055585 which seems to be those O-rings but in doing a Google search, it appears these are discontinued and no one has them available.

I would have to assume there is something that cross references to an available part but I have not been able to track that down.

Does anyone know what brand/part number I need to get that is the same item?

Thanks!

cucvrus

I would go get some from a automotive parts house. I do it all the time. Nothing special about them. they fit snug on the oil cooler lines and they are good to go. I use green ones when I can find them. Good Luck. I wouldn't sweat the OEM oil O rings. I think Felpro makes them.

chevymike

I would go get some from a automotive parts house. I do it all the time. Nothing special about them. they fit snug on the oil cooler lines and they are good to go. I use green ones when I can find them. Good Luck. I wouldn't sweat the OEM oil O rings. I think Felpro makes them.
Do you have a part number? Most parts stores are totally clueless and I have not been able to track the part down in a different brand.

cucvrus

Hey they are discontinued. I have a parts friend at the GM dealer that says he has 4 of the OEM 14055585 O rings in stock. He will get back to me when he locates them. Are you interested? I am either way. I wanted to make the offer. They are GM captured parts. It will be a few days. Have a Great Day. I would even use the old ones over if they are not trashed. Good Luck. Wrap it with white paper towel and fire it up. Check for leaks.

chevymike

Hey they are discontinued. I have a parts friend at the GM dealer that says he has 4 of the OEM 14055585 O rings in stock. He will get back to me when he locates them. Are you interested? I am either way. I wanted to make the offer. They are GM captured parts. It will be a few days. Have a Great Day. I would even use the old ones over if they are not trashed. Good Luck. Wrap it with white paper towel and fire it up. Check for leaks.
No I mean the FelPro part number. I don't need GM ones, I only used that part number as a reference since it is in the TM. I just need new O-rings and don't care who makes them. I want to get this radiator in this weekend so I need to get something from the parts store.

cucvrus

I would take a trip to a hydraulic shop or a parts store and get an O ring that fits. Do you have an old one. There were 2 do you have just 1 as a sample. Not much special as long as it fits snug on the aluminum line. I don' have a part number. I walk in get one that fits and .50 later it is in service. At one time every new oil cooler line had them. Now I get them sometimes and other times not. That's the best help I can offer. I am still going to grab the ones my friend has. Good Luck. Not much pressure involved here. I have an assortment box of O rings I use also.

Terracoma

I recently installed a new aluminum radiator in one of my M1031's, and opted to purchase new O-rings from NAPA.

The counter help and I settled on two part numbers that very closely match the original O-rings: 727-2111 and 727-2606... After disassembly of the old radiator, I decided that the 2606 O-rings were the best fit.

chevymike

I recently installed a new aluminum radiator in one of my M1031's, and opted to purchase new O-rings from NAPA.

The counter help and I settled on two part numbers that very closely match the original O-rings: 727-2111 and 727-2606... After disassembly of the old radiator, I decided that the 2606 O-rings were the best fit.
Perfect, This is exactly the info I was looking for!!!! Will hit up NAPA. Thanks so much!

Terracoma

No problem! They're sold individually by those part numbers, and my local NAPA had them hiding "in the back".

I believe all the oil cooler line O-rings are the same size and same material, so these should also fit where the rubber hoses meet the aluminum tubes on the driver's side, as well... The NAPA O-rings are Buna-N, which are oil resistant and should work fine. As Rick mentioned above, the automotive air conditioning O-rings are also a good fit for this application. The size to look for is something very close to 10mm inside diameter with a 2mm ring thickness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks