• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need opinions

sn8ke

I am looking at buying a 1966 kaiser-jeep it has the 465-1d in it but it has no bed it does run but its in rough shape. What would be a fair price on it?

Hainebd

I paid $1,500 for my 71. Was in bad shape. 3 flats. No lights. Running hot. Tons of rust and rot. I add two gallons of coolant, fixed flats, replaced rear harness, turn signal switch, rebuilt headlight switch, both tail light assemblies and one front turn signal assembly. Then left front wheel falling off, found lock tab torn, replaced bearings and seals and both boots. One wheel cylinder and two sets of seals and bearings, one set of shoes. Flushed brake fluid. Installed complete winch from PTO to winch.
All said and done I would have been better off purchasing a truck in better condition. I think less expensive.
I still have rust, mechanical and electrical to deal with. The bed has dent and rust so I am looking to replace. They are out there.
I also want a crew cab so I have to decided what how to do.

Not sure if this helps but $1,500 to $2,000. I know of a REO dump for $1,200. Basically scrap price.

The big question is what is the truck worth to you. You may have a great reason for wanting to own that truck. Only you can decide the value to you.

in my case I could buy and restore slowly. I would not want to take a nice truck and cut up, so this truck made sense to/for me. My wife saw it and told me to buy so I did.

it is a buyers market. Great deals are around for great trucks.

Last edited:

sn8ke

thats the only pic I have of it. The guy says it has 975 hours on rebuild.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Start at scrap price and go from there. Everyone and their brother thinks just the axles are worth 1500, but every time I get some to sell, I get less than 800. Motor, trans, T-case, seats, doors, etc. Its probably worth more in parts, but scrap price is a good place to start.

sn8ke

the stuff on the back doesn't go with it. he says he has a flatbed to go on it but he didn't have pics of it. Ok thanks for the input guys.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
With a hard top and without a bed I'd go 900 and never try to start it. If it is a runner and all systems are good (cooling, elec, brakes. wiring, lights) I'd go 1200. Thats about scrap price without a bed. The good deal about no bed is you can put whatever you want on there. I found a nice factory made flatbed at a junkyard and put it on my bobber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks