• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need parts, and tech help for M-101 trailer

dennishoddy

I recently bought a M101A trailer. Great shape, but my problem is with the hand brakes. One of the hand brakes has been replaced with a new unit that allows the knob to adjust the brakes, but the other is frozen, and won't let me tighten them up.
The next problem is that the brake handle that adjusts, has ran out of adjustment.
On a civilian vehicle, one can just remove a rubber cover and adjust the star wheel on the brake to take up the slack.
Can I do this on the M-101?
Or, will I have to remove the wheel, and do a manual adjustment?

I would like to buy a new hand brake to replace the one frozen, but have not seen anything on ebay or anywhere else that looks like the one I have.

I'm a Nam vet, and really enjoy this site that I just found. Love to find a 5 ton in good shape:-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks