• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need parts for 105

EZDUZITBEAR

If you are refering to the cable which supplies power from the vehicle to the trailer, I have this assembly on an M105A2 that I recently purchased. I will not be using it, as I have no intentions of keeping up the 24 volt system. I'll be converting everything to 12volts. If you still need the power assembly, let me know.
:)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
EZDUZITBEAR what else are you doing to that M105? If you are not using the air system I need the hose assembly on the drivers side and tank as the ones on my trailer were damaged.

EZDUZITBEAR

I may be creating an abomination as far as some folks are concerned, but I bought this trailer to have some fun with it. Part of the fun means making modifications which will obliterate the use of some of the stock military parts. Just wait till you see what I've created!!! :wink:

I'll be glad to share parts with you guys. You can email me directly via this forum and I'll provide you with my cell phone digits.

I think I can accomodate both of you with the parts, and I'll sort out the shipping costs with you later.

First let me make sure that I have all of the parts intact that you are referring to. I'm at work right now and don't have the photo files available, so let me get that together and I'll post the pix of what I have. If it's what you need, we'll work out a deal. 8)

You guys do the oddest Christmas shopping... :shock:

KaiserM109

ajg6989 said:
... also looking for fluid passage bolt part number 7412079
I don't have the manual to cross the part numbers. I have 3 M105, 2 that I am keeping original and 1 that was severely salvaged when I got it. I have already pulled brake parts for a guy in Pueblo, CO and possibly have what you need. Does the bolt you are looking for look like the one in the picture? In the civilian world the left one is referred to as a “banjo bolt” and the other is a “bleeder valve”. I have one of each free for the asking. It cost $2.50 to mail it 200 miles; ‘ can’t be too terrible to Florida.

EZDUZITBEARI said:
may be creating an abomination as far as some folks are concerned, but I bought this trailer to have some fun with it. Part of the fun means making modifications which will obliterate the use of some of the stock military parts. Just wait till you see what I've created!!!
I am very interested in seeing what you do with it because that is what we bought this M105 and a salvaged M101 for.

If anyone out there has an extra nut for an M105 lunette, I’m buying. I screwed one of my 2 up by not checking the condition of the end of the lunette when I unscrewed it off. It was dinged and really ripped up the threads. It is a 1 1/8” dia by 16 tpi. It is officially (in the civilian world) called a “Slotted Nut” and is 1 ½” long. In a pinch a lug nut off an 18 wheeler works.

comdiver said:
I am looking for the other half of the harness. The part that runs from the connector cable to the lights.
I may have that for you, shipping costs only. I will be at the storage yard where I keep my OD (and tan) stuff this weekend and will pull it off if it is there.

Attachments

EZDUZITBEAR

KaiserM109 - now that we are on the subject... What are your intentions with the trailers you mentioned?

I have some ideas of using mine for a unique desert camping trailer, complete with pop-up enclosure. I'm doing my best to keep it simple and relatively lightweight, yet arrive at a design which will be comfortable and useful. Not to mention a real, "What the Hell is THAT?" reaction from my fellow desert rats.

KaiserM109

I gave my M101 to the guy that owns the flatbed and truck as a hauling fee. He is going to cut it lengthwise and narrow it so that it fits behind a '58 Jeep Wagon. He is going to remove the axle (parts available) and replace it with a civilian '5 on 5 1/2' bolt pattern. The tongue is missing, so he will fabricate his own.

I am going to rework the tan M105 to go behind my '83 Jeep J20, the grandson of the M715. It is only 1" wider, so I won't cut the box at all. I will scrap the axle and hubs (parts available) and replace it with something with '8 on 6 1/2' bolt pattern. I will pull off the overload springs and some of the main leaves to lighten it up. I will remove the front wheel (possibly parts available, I have a damaged one on another trailer). I will remove the lifting brackets to lighten it up, too. I estimate that I will drop from 400 to 500 lb.

I haven't decided what to do with the top side. I bought the M109 deuce to be the camper. I mostly want the trailer to pull equipment in. I might use the sides, hoops and canvas from another M105 on it. My son and I would like to have a better place to store his equipment (he runs a paintball business and has about 30 sets of gear), so we might build a hard box. If I do, it will be a thin steel skin with a lightweight steel frame. I thought about an aluminum skin, but it will get banged up back in the woods.

It occurs to me that if I was building a camper from an M105, like you mentioned, I might just pull off the whole box. It is real heavy and wouldn’t bring a lot to the party, other than a floor. You don’t need the strength in the sides. If you decide to do that, let me know. I have been thinking about putting a 105 box on the back of my J20. The trouble with that, though, is that I can buy an M105 at GL here cheaper than I could have it shipped from California.

For those of you interested, look at GL at Ft. Carson for M105s. There are a bunch of nice ones, including 3 that have delivery dates of 2006. I picked up a tent there on Thursday and walked that lot.

EZDUZITBEAR

KaiserM109 said:
It occurs to me that if I was building a camper from an M105, like you mentioned, I might just pull off the whole box. It is real heavy and wouldn’t bring a lot to the party, other than a floor. You don’t need the strength in the sides.

You are quite insightful, sir. I had the idea yesterday of scrapping the bed, not only for the weight, but the restoration time and costs. The rust is through on only one spot, but I know a simple flat bed as a starting point will be more versatile.

The other things you mentioned (leaf springs, axle, etc.) all sound like great ideas. I will put them in my idea notebook and go from there.

Thanks very much! Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks