• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need pics of engine swap M215

APM215

Does anyone have pics of a engine and tranny swap on a M215?

I'm thinking of doing this and just need some ideas.

Any help would be great!

hmburner

215 engine swap

The wifey bought me a new digi cam for Fathers day,so i thought i would try it out while i was at the shop this morning. I took the original 302 and trans out of my 56 M135 and replaced it with a 353 Detroit deisel.I cut the engine and driveline out of a 72 Ford one ton van (Frito Lay truck) and grafted it into my M135. Not that hard of a job to do if you have a welder handy. I also converted to hydraulic clutch and hydro boost brakes from a 85 GMC five ton truck

Bill

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: 215 engine swap

Yes, very nice Hmburner :beer:

hmburner

spare 353 engine

There were two Frito Lay trucks ,I got the engine from one,and the other remains complete. I can wheel and deal with the old boy that owns them and get the other engine and driveline complete if you like. The clock in the truck shows 47,000 miles and the price is somewhere in the 1500 range. I could put it on the company truck and deliver if it was close

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks