• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need quote from albany, ga to Gainesville, fl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Cheap shipping may be a problem for a while.....the gooberment just sold 3,000 FEMA (Feeble Emergency Mis-management Agency) trailers in Mississippi and all the hot shot guys are doing a land office business moving them.

sandcobra164

Which lot number did you win? I may be able to help recover and store the truck while the shipping gets sorted out. I work at the base in Albany and live about 15 miles up the road in Leesburg. I can also preview and check it over for you if you're interested.

Joseph

SixSpeed

Banned
I have an 817 waiting in Albany as well. Floridianson(Gainesville) has an 817 up there too, and TVoss(Orlando) has a 818 up there.

I'm probably going to drive mine home, probably going to plan some kind of joint recovery.

Alredneck

Banned
Man all the work available out there and the Dastly Dodge is sitting with a seized up motor!

One deuce to many I reckon! Got to build a 12V Cummins, maybe! Maybe the 6V92 might fit!

Best of luck getting them home! Try Heavy, I been sending him most the stuff i missed out on!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What we need is someone with tow bars and a big truck:idea: Pete is going to Redstone Wed. maybe he should drop off my 920 in Ga. on the way back.

Last edited:

jwaller

I can do it as I just picked up 2 818's there last week. but it's a 850 mile trip for me. so it would cost you about 1700. I'm sure you can find somebody closer. it's only 200 miles so I'm sure somebody in the swamp can run up there and get them for you much cheaper.

jwaller

you guys sure about that? most every truck there looked like scrap to me. maybe I didn't see your particular truck as there are hundreds there to look at.

sandcobra164

The trucks should drive as long as you bring 4 batteries and on some, air the tires up or put the spare on. Most all of them came on to the receipts line off the train under their own power 10 years ago. The silver tape on the intake and exhaust, removed belts, primed pulleys and removal of all the tops and seats means they were put under a care in stores of supplies (COSIS) program when the came in. Bring about 5 gallons of diesel though, they drained all of that, coated the fuel tank with PE-10 oil, ran the motor on the oil and then drained excess oil out the of fuel tank. There's a Pilot truck stop about 2 miles north of the base to top off and make the trip.

Travis89xj

Im already to go get tvoss' truck and mine but now Im have trouble with getting them to let me pick up on this friday cause they dont want to do it for just one person.

Anyone else need to go get their trucks from Albany? if so you should try to do it this friday :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks