• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need radiator advice. Replace/upgrade

honda

Put a Genesis aluminum , Part # ALL191106X2098AA, into the 1009 last summer to replace the rebuilt oem copper unit.
Being in the hot desert, the aluminum brought my H20 temp down about 25-30 % . IMO way worth it. Kept the copper unit as backup.

scottladdy

After having gone through several Spectra Premium Brass CU850 radiators (could not get one shipped undamaged from several vendors including the NAPA branded version, Autozone and Rockauto.com, they are heavy and were never packaged well), I finally received one from Autozone which appeared that it would work.

Well, after 6 months it developed a leak on the joint for the lower radiator hose. The leak was a drip to begin with but eventually opened up to leaking several ounces of coolant at each stop.

After this I decided to try the aluminum APDI/PRO radiator. A lot less expensive and was it a good decision. The truck no longer leaks any fluids AND as an added benefit the truck heats up faster and gets hotter in the cold weather. I actually had warm and comfortable heat in the cabin in the cold weather we had just after installing it.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3606795&cc=1053021&jsn=307

My next concern was cooling. Since I was getting great heat I was concerned that the radiator would not cool as well. We have now had a few days near 100F already this year and there was zero signs that the truck was getting too hot.

Hope this helps those looking for a decent replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks