• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need reinforcement, electrical bombardment, heavy casualties.

Squid in a CUCV

Need some insight, I must be missing something...... Headlights, brake lights, backup lights, Left blinkers and Hazards work. When I turn the right blinker on, my hazards flash and when I pull the headlight switch the hazards stop flashing but stay illuminated. I Checked the instrument cluster, wires front to rear, splices, grounds, bulbs, I replaced the light switch as well as the combination switch.... Still the same. What am I missing. I traced the wires using TM 9-2320-289-34, diagrams E-13/E-14.

Thanks in advance.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the ground wires at the radiator support? Both sides. Also the ground wire at the 6 legged terminal near the parking brake pedal?

Last edited:

Squid in a CUCV

Have you checked the ground wires at the radiator support? Both sides. Also the ground wire at the 6 legged terminal near the emergency brake?
Both sides of radiator have the grounds to the body, passenger side has it to the frame as well.
I'm not familiar with the ground at the 6 legged terminal. Tomorrow morning after work, I will poke around.

Al Harvey

Did you take off those ground connections and clean them up? If some rust has built up under the connection it can cause back feed. I know it sounds weird but I've seen it before. Also check and make sure nothing extra has been added to the ground location. Basically make sure no one has added a wire. I helped a guy add fog lights to a car and we grounded them through a common ground, the results were about the same as you described. On turn signal stayed on with the lights on and other random events. I moved the ground wire I added a couple inches away and everything went back to normal.

Squid in a CUCV

Ok, so I disconnected the ground on the driverside radiator and most of my lights work. The rear side markers illuminate with switch on, turn my blinkers or hazards on and they dont blink. I am wondering if I can temporarily tie into the front side markers to make the rears work? Any thoughts on this? I think the PO was having issues and did this. He had a wire from the fron directional to the rear and when I would press the brake pedal the turn signal would illuminate

Al Harvey

Personally I would go through the complete wire harness and try and find everything they added or modified. To fix it correctly, you need to get it back to the factory setup. Then diagnose and try and fix the underlying problem instead of patching it on top of patches.

Squid in a CUCV

Right. I went through the lights/wires and removed what wasn't factory... I am getting closer but, still have a couple issues. Keep in mind I did the 454 conversion and deleted anything diesel related.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks