• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Reverse Light wiring assistance

coachgeo

Could have swore saw this discussed but not finding it. What is best way to wire up a reverse light?

Last edited by a moderator:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a single white light on the rear. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen one work.
I had to replace the bulb but mine works great. Verified it Sunday when a friend was coming back from a spin around the block and backed the truck up the driveway.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I swapped mine out with an aftermarket led. I originally had one on each side but it was too much for the factory circuit so I removed one. Would have been easy to use the factory wire to activate a relay tucked under the bed somewhere and grab 12 or 24 volts at the trailer harness to run more lights. I have a rev cam on my M1078 it has ir leds also so with the one led light I have good visibility. With the tractor added a single led light also but its easy to see behind that with just the mirrors when backing up.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put the back up camera in as well. Money well spent. However the location I used is blocked by the tail gate when it's down. I no longer have to back up until it sounds expensive when parking. I will be following this thread for all the good ideas.

coachgeo

Was checking on this cause need backup light to pass inspection. Will have to look closer find it and then recruit a second hand from somewhere to put her in Rev. to check to see see if it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks