• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Shipper Recomendations, EUC Cleared today!

blutow

EUC finally cleared on the m1123 that I won back in September. Looks like the TSC folks really getting caught up, it's only been 5 months!

It's in Yermo and I'm in central TX near Austin.

Any recommendations for shippers?

I got a bid from Veritread when I bought it for $1900, which seems pretty reasonable, but I'm guessing that is just a bait and switch and the price probably won't be good today. I plan to call them and ask, but I think I've read some bad stuff on them and want to explore other options.

Again, I really appreciate any help and guidance.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
About a dollar a mile is reasonable for the whole trip along 10 with a split load.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used United States of Freight to move my FLU419. They beat everyone on price, delivered a day earlier than promised and the driver was fantastic - helping me unload and check out the vehicle.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jessica was terrific.

Details oriented. Personable.

Shipped from California to Queens NY in 4 days.

Not cheap, but I got what I paid for. Top notch service from someone who knows Hummers and HMMWV’s.

Edit - has a friend Julie who runs H1’s and HMMWVs for black dog customs. Also a terrific driver.

Attachments

Last edited:

blutow

Thanks for the feedback. I've already been in communication with Nick at US Freight and I'll give Jessica a ring as well.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the feedback. I've already been in communication with Nick at US Freight and I'll give Jessica a ring as well.
U.S. Freight and United States of Freight are two different companies. I've never used U.S. Freight, but they might be good as well.

blutow

U.S. Freight and United States of Freight are two different companies. I've never used U.S. Freight, but they might be good as well.
My bad, I was just being lazy with typing. It's the United States of Freight. It's pretty much a done deal, just wanting on Nick to send the paperwork. They are picking up the truck tomrorrow and will be here Thursday or Friday. Which would be awesome.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Jessica was terrific.

Details oriented. Personable.

Shipped from California to Queens NY in 4 days.

Not cheap, but I got what I paid for. Top notch service from someone who knows Hummers and HMMWV’s.

Edit - has a friend Julie who runs H1’s and HMMWVs for black dog customs. Also a terrific driver.
That is just a broker and not an actual driver so they can send any dodo driver to pick something up.

blutow

Another good review on United States of Freight. Nick was extremely responsive on the quote and throughout the shipping process. Maybe a new time record for long distance delivery? My EUC cleared less than 48 hours ago. My m1123 was sitting in my driveway by 1pm today, about 1,400 miles from yermo to my house in TX.

The truck exceeded expectations. Not flawless by any means, but nothing concerning. Odometer says 32 miles and I'm pretty sure that is real, no indication of wear on anything. I'm sure there will be a ton of stuff to fix, but I think it's a solid truck to start with.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Another good review on United States of Freight. Nick was extremely responsive on the quote and throughout the shipping process. Maybe a new time record for long distance delivery?
There aren't many outlaws anymore due to electronic logs. The 1500mi in 24hrs outlaws I've left Phoenix at 6am and been in memphis at 6am the next morning. Paper logs are great if you like changing history every 36hrs

Running across i10 is quick with 75 to 85mph speed limits

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is just a broker and not an actual driver so they can send any dodo driver to pick something up.
OP asked for the name of a shipper and I gave him the name of the shipping company. Company owner was details oriented and allowed me to speak to the driver before the driver was allowed to ship my vehicle. Additionally, the driver sent me copies of his insurance prior to my allowing him to touch my vehicle. Then the driver took a video all the way around my vehicle before and after delivery.

So what’s your point?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks