• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some feedback here...

czechsix

Dammit, I hate when this happens.

1984 6.2 M1008, small lift, Al wheels, bed cap, new BFG's, no rust, OK body......but might need new powerplant.

Good deal or not for $600?

Yeah, I'm serious. I know the parts alone are worth that...but I'll be damned i I have another parts truck sitting out in the backyard :roll: I was looking for a Dodge 2500, but alot newer than 1984. Buuuut.....if the engine prices aren't too astronomical.....I might go this route.

So how much do 6.2's normally go for, as TO's? What kind of mileage do they get? I know about the glow plug problems...anything else to know about? Biodiesel yes/no?

The one good point is that the g/f gave up on my finally, so I don't have to deal with her head shaking and eye rolling if I get this :)

Desert Rat

6.2L sell for about $200 running TOs. I bought one for my four door (see avatar). Check out the fuel distributor on the top of the motor. They usually need rebuilding every 100K to 150K miles or so. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m.walker

Thats not alot of money , it aint like it will break you . Plus whats wrong with a little more green iron ( at least thats what I keep telling myself ).

85-m1028

re cored radiator $340, hmmwv take out 6.2 $1500 shipped, rebuilt the tranny $550, new urethane motor tranny mounts $100, rebuilt calipers turned rotors new pads $150, 12v starter and conversion $150, civy relay conversion and glow plugs $250, dsg timing gear set $350, peninsular 110gpm water pump $110, new fuel and radiator hoses $90, two new closed cell batteries $270, new injection pump and injectors $600, ONE KICK ASS OFF ROADIN HEAVY HAULIN MACHINE

:twisted: PRICELESS!!!!

Michael

Those AL wheels send up a red flag for axle swap. I have seen a lot of M1008's for sale with 1/2 ton axles instead of the 1 ton they are suppose to have. The original axles will bring more than $600. I would expect to pay more than $200 for a good engine. More like $1000.00. The one that is in it might be fixed though. 18 MPG is not unheard of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks