• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some good front end 3 color camo pics.

wildbilly1760

I am doing some repainting on the front of my truck. Going for the 3 color pattern. I have a print out from a manual of how it should be laid out. I am looking for more detail around the winch area, and frame extensions. does the winch chain get a certain camo? my email is wood4 AT pennswoods DOT com if you have some pics to send me direct.

another question. the diagram shows under the driver door with brown. Does the jerry can get painted brown to stay with the pattern?

and yet another question since I have your attention. The rims: are they flat black? 383 green ? Thanks, Bill

gunboy1656

Check out my truck on my profile, you will see the coloring. Rim are either one you want, mine are black.

Fuel can does not normally get painted.

My winch extensions are painted, as see in the pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jones

Wheel color depends on the era. Early on the wheels were solid 383 green.
Current practice is flat black wheels so that they, and the tires, 'disappear' into the shadows under the truck. Underside of bed and frame rails are solid 383 green. Surfaces that stick farther out (fuel tanks, tool boxes, battery boxes and running boards) carry the camo pattern.
Cables on winches are to be kept clean and lubed so they usually stay dark if not black-- no camo. Most of the winch drum is behind the bumper anyway so this isn't usually a big concern.
If you like/want the look of a working truck: Some crews in the field will cover the winch drum(s) with some kind of dark cloth or plastic wrap like a burlap sack or heavy plastic tarp material, held on with bailing wire. That's to keep sand or mud from coating the greased cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks