• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help getting my MEP006A Genset to run 480 Volts

tristanh4

Getting my MEP006A Genset to Run

Hello All,

I've got another one of these MEP006A 60Kw gensets to get working.

I had new batteries put on, a new start / run switch and I cannot seem to get it to turn over at all.

A couple things to note:

The panel lights and the indicator lights will come on and work just fine but when attempting to start the unit, it does nothing. It does have new fuel in it as well.

Any pointers on where I should start to look for issues?

I did find one fuse on the panel and it looks to be intact.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help!

jamawieb

I had the same problem, all the lights worked and when I hit the start switch nothing. My problem was the cubicle box inside the generator, it's the box where all the wires go into. In that box is the starter solenoid, a contol board, and all sorts of stuff. When I took mine out, it looked like it had caught on fire inside. After I replaced the box, everything worked perfect. I hope that helps.

tristanh4

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't know a ton about these....where about is that located?

I'll definitely check that out.

How much did it cost to replace all that if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks a ton.

jamawieb

They call it in the TM's special relay assembly, it should be around your generator head. It will have several wiring harnesses going into it, you can follow the wiring harness from the control panel into the box. On Oshkosh equipment, they have it for $627 but I would try delks. First I would take it out and open it, to see if it is damaged. You will see burnt wires or other damage inside.
Here is the link to Oshkosh so you can have a picture of what you are looking for:
Military Trucks, Generator Parts for sale - Oshkosh Equipment Sales, LLC

tristanh4

Problem with MEP006A

So, I got into the machine a little more and I looked inside that special relay. Everything looked good (nothing looked like it caught fire or had burnt wires, it all looked clean and intact) so I'm at a bit of a stand still. I'm trying to figure out what else could be the problem. Any chance you or anyone else know if there are other problems that could cause this not to start? I'm wondering if maybe there are other fuses that I'm not seeing, located elsewhere on the machine.

Thanks in advance!

PeterD

Simple things first, battle short is off, right? Next monitor voltage at the starter solenoid, and see if it gets 24V when you hit start. BTW, does the lamp test show all lamps working OK?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks