• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help in the San Antonio area

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The distributor is the injection pump head and the doohickey is the fuel density compensator. I don't see anything missing, everyone else??? The rest of the truck looks good. Mkcoen, what about the BRAKE PEDAL???? Very important.

TXandy, do a thread search for "deuce recovery supplies", that will help you out. For sure bring some DOT5 silicone brake fluid, bound to be a little low.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it had a brake pedal when I glanced at it a month ago.
I think he means "did it have any brake pedal pressure." That's one of those things I always know I need to do and always forget. If I get a chance to get back out there I'll check it.

Any idea on when you might want to grab it? I've got a 1009 in OKC and a 101 trailer in Little Rock that I just got the EUCs on today so I need to plan a couple of recoveries myself.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The distributor is the injection pump head and the doohickey is the fuel density compensator..

Something about "an idiot on a fool's errand" comes to mind. The only exposure I had to the deuces was the driving course at Ft Polk and about 40 miles worth of driving time when I was in the Guard and that was over 20 years ago.

Does the fuel density compensator have any hose coming out of the left side of it? There appeared to be 2 outlets and the bottom one had a corrosion ring around it about an inch wide that looked like something had been disconnected there.

Last edited:

TexAndy

I think he means "did it have any brake pedal pressure." That's one of those things I always know I need to do and always forget. If I get a chance to get back out there I'll check it.

Any idea on when you might want to grab it? I've got a 1009 in OKC and a 101 trailer in Little Rock that I just got the EUCs on today so I need to plan a couple of recoveries myself.

I tried calling the site manager this afternoon but just missed him.

Assuming I can figure out what all supplies I need to bring and where to get them, I'm going to shoot for monday, tuesday, or wednesday of next week. Whatever day works best for you.

... back to the search engine...

TexAndy

I'll try. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get the correct air filter by then, tho.

Is it something you can just take out and clean out with an air hose, if the engine isn't getting enough air?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air filter will most likely be OK. You can run without for a while if it was just caked which is unheardof. I think Ft Sam only loads out Tues-Thurs???

IHASFIP

The silver deal on the side of the fuel density whatchamadoodle is just a little cover to a bolt which allows you to change to ( I dunno what to call it) the flow, or something of the fuel density doo-hickey if I remeber correctly. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. What I am getting at is there is not suppose to be a hose there.

D

TexAndy

Got the truck today. Tried jumping off of mkcoen's blazer, but it tried to act like an arc welder...

so the yard guy gave us a push with his forklift and she started right up. Tactical pushstart!

When I got home, I let the truck sit for 5 minutes and tried starting her again and she started right up! So, maybe the batts will hold a charge. Tomorrow, I'll try again.

Big thanks to mkcoen for holding my hand and his pull with the yard staff at Ft. Sam.

I'll post some pics tonight. Its too hot to take pics right now... and the sun isn't at the perfect angle to make my deuce look artsy craftsy pretty.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear you and deuce made it home. Looks like a great truck but you need a top before you too sunburned! Have fun.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoo hoo that has to be a great feeling!!!! And a big thanks to mkcoen for being a SSS, that is Super Steel Soldier, a great help in San Antonio!!!!

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had so many other great SS members help me out that anything I can do is very small in comparison. I'm just glad I can be of some assistance and help pay it forward. If everyone was as generous with their time and knowledge as the people of this site are then the world would be a whole lot better place. And Greener!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks