• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some help on a 15 kw

sparky1

we have a 15 kw at our highway garage.when we got it a few years age it ran perfect with no problems.but last year the white 4 cylinder diesel engine started acting up.it will start and run but only for a short time like 10 or 15 minutes.then the engine just dies out and quits running.however it will instantly resart.i have serviced and cleaned the fuel system and eved hooked up a remote fuel supply to the injector pump with no sucess.can anyone steer me in a direction to get this thing fixed?
thanks

PeterD

With my (perhaps limited) experience, I'd guess your injection pump is failing. I'd double check to be sure it is getting fuel, and if you can confirm that it has a good flow, the IP is likely the next suspect.

tmbrwolf

I had a 30K in our shop that was doing the same thing, we had the IP rebuilt and that solved it. Bad / old fuel plays havoc inside the pump! those Stanadyne pumps are common any good shop should be able to rebuild it.

Carl_in_NH

You can check for proper fuel delivery by adding a pressure gauge to the IP inlet. I used a cheap one from the local auto parts store when debugging my MEP-003A that could indicate the pressure into the IP from the fuel pump. If you see a pressure drop or pressure becomes unsteady before / while the engine is shutting down, then it's likely your issue is elsewhere in the fuel system. If pressure is steady, then it's much more likely that your IP is the root cause of the problem.