• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with a turtleback conversion

Hi Guys,

Working on a turtleback conversion for my HMMWV - have most of the parts, but am in need of some pictures of the C pillar - They are impossible to find and I'm just going to make one.

Also need some pics of the front turret support ring arms and the back one that goes to the C pillar. I have found all of the relevant ones I can on Google images. I need the dimensions over the outside of the ring forward support arms that go to the windshield so I know where to locate the front windshield brackets. I also need to know the amount of drop of the arms from the top of the ring slanting forward to the windshield top.I

have a Turret ring off a M923A2 Gun Truck that I'm converting. Also could us a pic of the outside back at the top of the rear hatch/c-pillar interface to make sure I have that correct.

Thanks in advance for any help

IM me for Email address if needed.

Chris

Attachments

How about a pic of the outside of the C pillar at the top of the truck lid? Gotta make my own C pillar.... Also need the spacing over the outside of the front ring supports as shown in my pics

Thanks!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all adjustable, leave it all loose and install the roof....the front of the roof support can rise and fall based on what you need, that's why they are slotted. I have a C-pillar roof support bar, kinda tweaked I can sell you.

ClarkeF

I have an extra C-Pillar bar too. This one came off a SF truck and the sheet metal that closes the gap to the slantback is cut off - probably easy enough to fabricate if you want it... Shipping won't be cheap, but the bar will be. :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for the offers of the C-pillar Guys! - I already got one mostly fabbed. We've got CNC equipment and a CNC plasma so it's not that big a deal. what I do need is a measurement if someone could help me out ASAP I would be much obliged. I need the mount location for the hatchback shock mount where it mounts to the lower bed side. (I attached a pic to illustrate)

Thanks!

Chris R

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks