• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with M936 batteries

grizcty

Finally had my M936 picked up.
$450.00 tow bill, for 47 miles.
(I still have not seen it):(

Batteries are completely DEAD.
My shop waited till this afternoon to call me.
And said had a charger, on them for two days.
I am a Interstate dealer. (200 miles away)
With a limited battery selection.
And don't have 4 of the same batteries.

The batteries in it are 4 Crappa #7256D. (same as 6TL)
Which list @ $247.90, on my account $180.00 EA. OUCH!!:x

My question for you experts, is this.
Which battery, and why?
Would you recommend, I replace them with?
(remember here in Alaska MINUS - 45-65 is common)

My Son lives in Anchorage.
And will pick up & deliver them, to the shop tomorrow.

Sams Club has red top Optima's for $139.00 ea..
Costco sells them for $116.00, but is out of them.
Walmarts quit carrying them??
Still all were cheaper, than my Interstates.:neutral:
Just found out, Shucks "new" policy wont take a C/C by phone, anymore?
(the manager said they were now part of O'reily parts)
I hit the ceiling over this!!. As I have bought over $50,000 in parts from them.
And I sell/promote Shucks auto parts, in my store. (mabe not for long)

After 2 cups of coffee, & cigaretts.
I calmly left a NICE :evil: message, for the regional maniger to call me ASAP. :soapbox::rant:

I have read here, that some folks are using Group 31's & Group 24's.
But dont know if the M936 battery box, is the same size as the other trucks.
I use the MHD - 31 in my commercial trucks.
And they are longer, 3" narrower & 3" shorter.
And need to know if they would fit?
The Optima's, are a bit closer in size.
But never used them in a stiff truck, bouncing/sliding down our roads.:driver:
I want to continue using the 4 battery set up.

Thanks, for any help or thoughts on this.:roll:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Four ea Optima red tops should do you perfectly. The 6TLs are about 750 CC amps and using four batteries will give you more reserve capacity. The battery box is plenty big, have one outside to measure if need be (same as the m925 located under the passenger seat, right?).

Edit: It measures 22x33x10 inches.

Last edited:

onegmjack

Just a suggestion,look on Ebay under Military battey.I bought two batteries,for my Deuce
from a guy in Arkansas.My truck had U6TL,I bought two 6TN from him.for what one battery that I would have had make it fit cost,at NAPA. I have not had any problem with them.These are new batteries,I had to buy acid at Napa.The size is the same,the post are offset,fit
very well.Dwight

emr

Yea like said above, the cranking amps are all U really need to worry about, any 12 volt batts will get a well maintained truck going, But for longevity and cold weather starts , U need alot of reserve and cranking amps, I strongly recomend an on board battery tender, there are so many posts on this, If U want alot of straight talk on whats out there call me, 973 219 4499 to much to type. I have 24 volt tenders/desulphaters on board my trucks, wired right to the slave plugs on the inside, If I do it again, I am going to put 4 12 volt desulphators in the 925 , one for each batt. over kill but i like that, all batts will always be the same forever, If one charger is used the batts should be taken out cleaned and brought up to charge once a year individually and tested to make sure all cells are working correctly, Most people blame battery's, 99 percent of the time it is human error.Batts should last 6 to 8 years and more.

grizcty

Four ea Optima red tops should do you perfectly. The 6TLs are about 750 CC amps and using four batteries will give you more reserve capacity. The battery box is plenty big, have one outside to measure if need be (same as the m925 located under the passenger seat, right?).

Edit: It measures 22x33x10 inches.
Thanks!

My son picked the red tops up this am. (Sams Club)
$140.00 + $9.00 core ea..
And is in rout with family, to deliver them. (He He, paybacks from Grandpa) :grin::razz:

If there is extra room.
I will try to insulate the box, at a later date.

grizcty

Just a suggestion,look on Ebay under Military battey.I bought two batteries,for my Deuce
from a guy in Arkansas.My truck had U6TL,I bought two 6TN from him.for what one battery that I would have had make it fit cost,at NAPA. I have not had any problem with them.These are new batteries,I had to buy acid at Napa.The size is the same,the post are offset,fit
very well.Dwight
ebay is great for some things.
But for needing something fast, it is not practical.
Not sure if they could even be shipped.

They "conveniently" stopped ALL private ammo/reloading purchasing to Alaska.:evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks