• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with setting up an MEP-004A for auto-start & ABT

1800 Diesel

First, I had posted this message in the thread related to an MEP-003A PLC installation, but got concerned that it had gotten lost in the thread and also didn't want to hijack someone else's questions. So this is sorta a re-post with it's own title.

I'm setting up an MEP-004A for a co-worker and he recently asked me about installing an option for an auto-start capability. I believe he already has an ABT package for his existing 14KW natural gas generator (which he intends to sell) and is hoping he can keep the ABT he already has and then just add the PLC setup (or whatever is needed) to auto-start the MEP4. I am good for getting the generator to produce power and also installing a manual transfer switch, but am not qualified to install an auto-start system. If you have any details, please let us know. For his machine he will be getting a licensed electrican to do everything at his house, but he would like to know what's possible and what is not. Also if you or anyone else could provide a basic arrangement, wiring diagram and make/model for any components needed that would help quite a bit. Unfortunately at this time I don't know what make/model of the ABT rig he has (or whatever it is) but will have the info soon. Will post as soon as I have more details.

Thanks for any help you could offer. And a good week to all!

Kevin

Edit--"On-hand" ABT info as follows:

Manufacturer: Generac
Ser # 4983750
Model # RTSN200A3
200 AMPS
240 VOLTS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks