• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with title

Kenny714

Should be getting my duece in a few weeks after a 4 month wait with the SF97 form. My deuce is a Jeep/Kaiser and the title the previous owner received says it's a 1988. The ID plate on the dash is hard to read and he wrote 88 on the papers when he sent them in. Anyway my quection is ....didn't Jeep/Kaiser stop producing the M35 prior to 1988?? I thought AM-General produced the later models. I kind of think it's a 68. I'm wanting to register the truck as Historic (QQ) to avoid inspection and get a better rate on insurance. If my assumptions are right about the year what proof can I show the DMV folks to have them change the title to a 1968. Are there any official documents out there which show which manufactorers made what year M35s?

Thanks in advance!!!
KENNY

Kenny714

Westech said:
no that might have stayed the same... its the military.. everything is always messed up
I here ya there. I've been reading the article on decoding the numbers up in the stickies and it looks like they couldn't make up there mind as far as a standard way of numbering the trucks. http://www.militaryvehiclesmagazine...2&articleid=5745&articlemid=5656#5656Articles I'll have to look at my numbers and see if my truck has the year in the registration number. I just don't think that will be enough for the robots down at DMV. I'm still looking for some kind of official documents.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kenny I`m going through the same thing here in N.C. any vehicle older than 35 yrs must be done through DMV and not the title/tag office. The inspector has come out taken pics and the fees will be sent to me soon. then I get my "classic"tag.as soon as I pay the fees.I used a flash light on an angle to read my data plate to make sure I had the right ###s. Good luck in N.J.
Neil

Kenny714

Thanks, good luck with yours too. It's 25 yrs old here for QQ plates and I can do the title and get the plates in one shot, just at two different windows. I just need to bring two pictures and the title. They do it through the mail too, but that takes a few weeks. I've waited long enough. I just need to convince the lady at the title window to change the year. :roll:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Kenny714 said:
My numbers are: MFR# 0225-25924 SER# 4M-3914

Any way I can prove the year with these numbers?

This is what I can tell you about your truck. One option would be to do a freedom of information act on the truck to the Maryland National Guard.

Organization: HHC, COMBAT AVIATION BRIGADE, 29TH INFANTRY DIVISION
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:22525924 Registration Number:4M3914 Year of Mfg:1968
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 3508

FSBruva

Looks like that year of mfg jives with what you were thinking. Is there any way you can submit a "statement of facts" along with your paperwork? I had to do that to avoid getting a weight ticket for my duece registration. Maybe you can make a statement that the previous owner was mistaken in reading the dataplate?

Matt

Kenny714

Every reply keeps getting better and better. Thanks guys. Don't know how you got all that info from the numbers I supplied but, I thank you very much. :D I'm hoping to make it to DMV June 30 or July 1 and I think with a copy of this thread, David's article and a few PMs I received I should be able to convince DMV that it's a 68 and not an 88.

FSBruva

Kenny - the reason medlog's avatar is that picture is because he is CARNAC!!

He is able to mentally interface with the world's computer system, and search the 'verse for deuce info based on VIN.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22417

More and to the point.... The fact remains that Kaiser Jeep did not make the trucks in 88, and I think that would be your strongest argument. I mean, they officially became Jeep Corporation in 1970, following their acquisition by AMC. Also, don't print this whole thread... just print out medlog's report, and hint that the information MIGHT have come from an official database (rather than a forum of goof-offs). And then just escalate up to DMV management that is reasonable. They probably have a form for correcting errors on titles and such. I mean, I went to 4 different DMV offices in Michigan until I found a branch manager who was willing to title and register my deuce as a "pickup." Patience, calm demeanor and some good manners will get you everywhere.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks