• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help

Alpha

Thank in advance for any help you can provide.

Yesterday my m1009 started struggling. It will drive just fine in first gear, but second it acts as if the acclerator is stuck and the truck is barely accelerating. In fact it accelerates better if I do not floor it. Third is the same.

Going up /down hill it will almost stall.

I dropped the tranny pan last night and refilled it.
Only thing I did recently that I don't usually do is put in almost a full thank of fuel.
In the last year I replaced the modulator for it not wanting to shift.

combatmech

Adding 2 stroke oil to diesel fuel will help lubricate the IP.... LS Diesel doenst have the best lubricating properties. There are other additives, tons of folks here on SS swear by 2 cycle oil. In addtion, 2 cycle oil is the least expensive route to other additives.

Anubis8472

Best to use a TC-W3 rated ashless 2-cycle.

I use super tech outboard 2-cycle from wally world.
I dump a 16oz bottle in every tank and the engine just loves the stuff.
I also use an Opti-lube fuel treatment in the winter (for cetane and anti-gel).

I've tried several fuel treatments, but none of them come close to the 2-cycle in terms of a purring 6.2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks